+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's What A Championship Club Should Be Doing

It's What A Championship Club Should Be Doing

Kept everyone at the club including a cheeky contract extension for your top goalscorer .

Brought two lads in to the midfield who should cut the mustard at this level .

I'd have liked another striker but it wasn't to be .

Any other championship club it would have been just a regular deadline day .

Here it's greeted with a party likes its 1999 and stains in under crackers .

It's taken em fecking long enough .

Si thi .

I agree. A target man would have been nice but we have some good strikers at the club, our problems been, and no disrespect to any of the lads at the club but we didn’t have enough quality in midfield to create chances for them so hopefully we are now in better shape to create those chances.

Exactly Animal.

Could have been a lot worse I’ve said on the Fire Sale thread: Well that’s the Fire almost burnt out so let’s get bunnywooding ready for January! Very interesting that ones going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Could have been a lot worse I’ve said on the Fire Sale thread: Well that’s the Fire almost burnt out so let’s get bunnywooding ready for January! Very interesting that ones going to be.
    That's the kind of point I was referring to , you starve a hungry man long enough any piece of rotten meat will delight him .

I wouldn't go as far to say rotten meat but our expectations must and should be along the lines of what we've done today .

This is a championship club who want to remain one and this is how you go about achieving it .

I'll give it a 7 out of 10 .

It’s a 7 from me could could easily have been a 9 with a new striker in.

The thought upstairs must be to get one out before get one in.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    That's the kind of point I was referring to , you starve a hungry man long enough any piece of rotten meat will delight him .

I wouldn't go as far to say rotten meat but our expectations must and should be along the lines of what we've done today .

This is a championship club who want to remain one and this is how you go about achieving it .

I'll give it a 7 out of 10 .
    All wiv done today Animal is--

--not sell anybody
    -- allow our best striker to negotiate a better contract, probably putting in a better(for him) release clause and increase his wages
    --be part of todays Liverpool big clear out of fringe players who were not going to make it
    --loan a player who Leicester want us to get match fit and then want back in January

Sorry but my expectations are a bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    It’s a 7 from me could could easily have been a 9 with a new striker in.

The thought upstairs must be to get one out before get one in.
    I'll give em a bit of credit with the Woodrow contract extension .

There could be some football smarts emerging at long last .

Clearly it's dawned on them that we haven't the clout to purchase a 15 goal championship striker as a replacement so pay the one we do have more money , get him to stay and hopefully he'll have his mojo back .

And play him in his proper position.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    All wiv done today Animal is--

--not sell anybody
    -- allow our best striker to negotiate a better contract, probably putting in a better(for him) release clause and increase his wages
    --be part of todays Liverpool big clear out of fringe players who were not going to make it
    --loan a player who Leicester want us to get match fit and then want back in January

Sorry but my expectations are a bit higher.
    Would your expectations be to sign a young player from Scotland, that no ones ever heard of? Or another one of Inexperience?
    We have signed a mixture today of “potential youth“ and experience, plus extended a 14 goal striker....(yes he is off the boil at the moment........but...) yes, James has injury rehabilitation issues, but he has shown he can operate at this level (in front of our very own fans)..... maybe you were boycotting the matches or not by this time, but he was a class player in my eyes....
    Perhaps you can list two players you would realistically have signed today.
    Name players please SB you would be happy with? You seem to be unhappy with a young lad from Liverpool, and a lad who performed very well last time he was here. You don’t want unknown youth to develop, you aren’t impressed with bringing experienced players like James.....
    Just name some players YOU would be happy with us signing today..... realistic names.
    Last edited by Jules88; 16-10-2020 at 11:46 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast