+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was That Pants or What Tonight?

Totally agree the football served up last night was very poor advertisement for the Premier league.
    For me it takes 20 minutes to get to Turf Moor, but taking 5 minutes longer I could be at The Etihad in Manchester where I could watch an entertaining football team.
    Unfortunately I am a dyed in the wool claret so I continue to watch hoof ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Totally agree the football served up last night was very poor advertisement for the Premier league.
    For me it takes 20 minutes to get to Turf Moor, but taking 5 minutes longer I could be at The Etihad in Manchester where I could watch an entertaining football team.
    It’s a fine balance this one for me boys, I’m not sure I’d like to watch City every week knowing your going to win more than you lose , I think we counted up the other season when they came to the turf and there was just short of 500 million on the bench , we on the other hand couldn’t be further from that point could we and we play to a strength to get results. ( I know it’s not pretty a lot of the time )
    We don’t have the talent - players to play gun ho football so we have to put up with it.

I suppose the flip side is we watched a Norwich team try to play that style of football last season and they simply got picked off week after week.

The pendulum swings , good football and relegation , poor football and mid table mediocrity

( might be different this season that ).

Let’s be honest CIty are buying the league.

I think the Toffees and Arsenal might be serious contenders this season. Citeh are woeful at defending, Liverpool are phucked with the VDV knee knack. At least Pickford is good for something...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I think the Toffees and Arsenal might be serious contenders this season. Citeh are woeful at defending, Liverpool are phucked with the VDV knee knack. At least Pickford is good for something...
    How Pickford remained on the pitch after that tackle beggars belief, and for there to be no retrospective action brings the game into disrepute. The statement that the off side was flagged so it was not in play at the time is ridiculous.
    Tarkowski received a retrospective ban for an offence which did not have a possible effect on a player’s career like that to Van Dyke.
    Where serious injury is incurred as a result of a reckless tackle then the offending player should be suspended until that injured player is fit to play again.

How Pickford remained on the pitch after that tackle beggars belief, and for there to be no retrospective action brings the game into disrepute. The statement that the off side was flagged so it was not in play at the time is ridiculous.
    Tarkowski received a retrospective ban for an offence which did not have a possible effect on a player’s career like that to Van Dyke.
    Where serious injury is incurred as a result of a reckless tackle then the offending player should be suspended until that injured player is fit to play again.
    It's one of the reasons I don't watch much anymore, the whole thing is a joke, there was a ref, a liner and VAR and Pickford doesn't even get a yellow. Klopp now wants VAR reviews of VAR decisions, and you can't blame him, it's laughable.

t was an astonishing decision. I was playing at right back and this left winger was a cocky, horrible little sh-it, - we had crossed paths and swords before.

The ball was played down the wing, went out of play down by the corner flag and was dead. The "impetus" of my sliding tackle had not however reckoned with the ball going out of play.

The result? The cocky, horrible little sh-it needed urgent medical attention for a ruptured Achilles tendon and I got sent off despite my skipper's protest that the ball was out of play and therefore dead.

VAR stinks to high heaven and how was that not a penalty for us last night?

Quicker and cheaper for me to get to the Etihad from Radcliffe as well Vintage but I would never ditch going to Turf Moor. I do recall when I arrived in Manchester in the 1970s though Maine Road was only a short stroll from my lodgings so I would occasionally take in a match there. The likes of Bell, Lee, Summerbee and Marsh served up some entertaining stuff. But even in those days Burnley were the team I loved

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

VAR stinks to high heaven and how was that not a penalty for us last night?
    I thought the same at the time BT, the camera angle had the same view as the ref, and I could see instantly something dodgy had occurred, the ref chose to pretend he hadn't seen anything, as did the liner, no surprise there, but why did VAR not get involved, I thought stuff like this was what it was brought in for, but it seems to be a law unto itself, no logic or sense involved at all.

Just watched the highlights and that should have been a stonewall penalty for us .unbelievable decision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)