+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was That Pants or What Tonight?

Was That Pants or What Tonight?

They looked like a 2nd division club,..and We still could not make any positive attacking football,..After this game I think we play the top 6 five times out of 7 games,..and going off tonight , We are Down without a Feckin fight from Garlic.

Are you real or what ? You are doing a fantastic impression of a wind up merchant, so stop being negative. We are off the mark with a draw and a clean sheet away from home. It’s a start , so have some faith in SD ,will you.

We probably have faith in SD Malwayne, its the team we worry about.

They have to learn to pass it to one of our players better, I counted at least 7 times in the first half where our defensive player had time to have a look for a Claret, he pumped it either into the arms of the keeper, into no mans land without a team mate in the vicinity, or comfortably straight to an opponent, its Schoolboy stuff which really irritates me.

We had about 3/4 good crosses into the area, but the majority of the rest was very poor.

Twice in the whole of the second half we looked better with players moving about, quick (easy) passing which gained us ground into the opposition half, but 2 minutes out of 45 is abysmal.

Yes a point Malwayne, but it was 2 poor teams and we made them look better with the above.

Just a side note, I watched the Ref count out 8 yards for 2 of our free kicks, can they not count ? I tried to watch him stride WBA free kicks but the camera diverted from his steps.

alto --you comment about the steps etc. being counted out is another of the things which are hit and miss these days because of the directives given to officials.
    West Brom had three corners tonight which resulted from what should have been offside decisions in the first place, however, with the directive not to flag there are so many not being given.
    They had a throw in late in the game when the ball went out just 3 yards from the WBA goal line, the throw was eventually taken 20 yards up the pitch.

I am happy with a point tonight, although we should have won it. Since December 1969 when we managed a 1-0 win we have, before tonight, won 1, drawn 2 and lost 9 league matches at the Hawthorns and scored only 5 goals and conceded 24.

We know our limitations but we also know that SD motivates the players as he had done tonight. It is what it is.

On the positive side, we need three teams to be worse than us to survive, the big bonus from tonight was that WBA are one of them, just need two others now.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Are you real or what ? You are doing a fantastic impression of a wind up merchant, so stop being negative. We are off the mark with a draw and a clean sheet away from home. It’s a start , so have some faith in SD ,will you.
    Sorry Mrs Dyche,.. Why is it a wind up,?? We were poor against an even poorer team!! and still without a win and not looking like finding one soon, with our upcoming games.
    If you think tonight was positive, That is your opinion, Mine for sure was not positive.

Having watched tonight’s game there one positive, Nick Pope was back to normal after his hiccup against Newcastle.
    As Alto said there were slight glimpses in the second half where we tried to play football rather than Dyche ball and we looked better for it.
    With their two centre backs being so slow it was crying out for someone like Vydra who could make a run at them, but it was not to be.
    As for having faith in Dyche, I can’t see him ever changing the style of play during the course of a game. While due to poor recruitment over the last few years he may not have much choice, there are time when he could use substitute who may change the course of the game, and tonight was one of them for the last quarter of a hour we should have played J-Rod and Vydra up front as we did when last season restarted.

malwayne: If you want an answer to how we played tonight, I would say just a little bit better than a 'pub team. If we play like this all season we are down! Yes, they (WBA) looked poor ,the only positive I can find, is we could have won it ,but also I think in about the 58th min they could also have scored. How did we play? 'Hoof ball' and needless 'head ball' comes to mind? Looking at the team tonight, I do not think we have a training ground or coaches. I would like to know what is S D 's game plan,if, and I say if, it is ''to keep the ball in the opponents half,so then less chance of them scoring ,and we could just 'nab' a goal.'' That produces this hoof ball football that we see! This type of football will leave the players with no confidence almost panicky,game after game,without the ability to think about or plan, with no imagination and no creativity. An example of being less confident? In the 2nd half the ball found its way to Johann B on the wing , it was passed back to Pieters who passed to Tawks, to Lawton, then back to the keeper Pope? When the ball is moving sideways 1-2-3 their defence comes out,by the time the ball comes over to Lawton his only sure way out is backwards to Pope. It has been said ,''While due to poor recruitment over the last few years (S D) he may not have much choice? But I would say ,its broke 'fix it' ! For that you have a training ground. Repeat an exercise until the player dreams about it in his sleep.
    I can not understand Wood and Barnes both of them are attackers and what is served up to you ? Hoof ball !A ball punched upwards just aimlessly ,what can you do with that, most times a defender is pushing you in the back? Even if you touched the ball, is it aimed where your co-attacker can run on to it ? Can we say 90 % of this play leads nowhere? What type of football is this?
    Sorry but I blame S D ,he is the Manager ,he says how the game should be played,football has to be attractive,fans want to enjoy. Unless something changes ,on this showing we are going to struggle all season.

Unless the fact escaped you Balan, there are no fans to watch any type of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    malwayne: If you want an answer to how we played tonight, I would say just a little bit better than a 'pub team. If we play like this all season we are down! Yes, they (WBA) looked poor ,the only positive I can find, is we could have won it ,but also I think in about the 58th min they could also have scored. How did we play? 'Hoof ball' and needless 'head ball' comes to mind? Looking at the team tonight, I do not think we have a training ground or coaches. I would like to know what is S D 's game plan,if, and I say if, it is ''to keep the ball in the opponents half,so then less chance of them scoring ,and we could just 'nab' a goal.'' That produces this hoof ball football that we see! This type of football will leave the players with no confidence almost panicky,game after game,without the ability to think about or plan, with no imagination and no creativity. An example of being less confident? In the 2nd half the ball found its way to Johann B on the wing , it was passed back to Pieters who passed to Tawks, to Lawton, then back to the keeper Pope? When the ball is moving sideways 1-2-3 their defence comes out,by the time the ball comes over to Lawton his only sure way out is backwards to Pope. It has been said ,''While due to poor recruitment over the last few years (S D) he may not have much choice? But I would say ,its broke 'fix it' ! For that you have a training ground. Repeat an exercise until the player dreams about it in his sleep.
    I can not understand Wood and Barnes both of them are attackers and what is served up to you ? Hoof ball !A ball punched upwards just aimlessly ,what can you do with that, most times a defender is pushing you in the back? Even if you touched the ball, is it aimed where your co-attacker can run on to it ? Can we say 90 % of this play leads nowhere? What type of football is this?
    Sorry but I blame S D ,he is the Manager ,he says how the game should be played,football has to be attractive,fans want to enjoy. Unless something changes ,on this showing we are going to struggle all season.
    The football has been very stale for a long time now Balan.Last night was a bad advertisement for the PL.I tried to put the recruitment team onto a creative player from here in Hungary but they are obviously not interested.Eventually it will turn fans away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)