+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'I wear a face covering......

Last August I asked my GP on Islay what was the point of wearing a face mask when it could not stop the Covid-19 virus spreading
    He replied that there were other things that could help such as washing your hands. I replied that we will soon be too sanitised and we will have lost our immunity to every day illnesses.
    In my opinion the ending of the lockdown and people coming out of their self isolation ‘bubble’ is the problem why the number of positive Covid-19 cases are greatly increasing in number. These people have lost their immunity to diseases making them susceptible to contracting the Covid-19:virus.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Last August I asked my GP on Islay what was the point of wearing a face mask when it could not stop the Covid-19 virus spreading
    He replied that there were other things that could help such as washing your hands. I replied that we will soon be too sanitised and we will have lost our immunity to every day illnesses.
    In my opinion the ending of the lockdown and people coming out of their self isolation ‘bubble’ is the problem why the number of positive Covid-19 cases are greatly increasing in number. These people have lost their immunity to diseases making them susceptible to contracting the Covid-19:virus.
    Total nonsense

Hi All,
    Last Friday I had another Covid-19 test at Kings Cross Hospital and on Saturday afternoon a doctor from NHS Tayside phoned me to advise that my test was negative. Thank goodness.
    Again I took the opportunity to ask the doctor a couple of questions.
    1. I asked her why we were being forced to wear face masks in public places, shops and on public transport when the face masks were no use as the Covid-19 was continuing to spread.
    She replied that they knew that face masks did not help stop the spread of the virus and that is why people are being encouraged to maintain social distancing and continue to wash their hands.
    2. Why were restaurants outwith the Central Belt of Scotland not allowed to serve an alcoholic drink when their customers were sitting at their table eating their lunch but they could drink an alcoholic drink outside.
    The doctor replied that recent research had been carried out suggesting that people standing too close together in a public house and people having drinking parties in the back garden of their homes was the cause of the increase in the number of positive Covid-19 cases in Scotland.
    I asked the doctor what that this research had to do with licensed restaurants in the Dundee area where their customers are not standing at the bar as it is table service only. I further added that a ‘one size fits all’ policy is no use and the whole thing is nuts!
    That was the end of our conversation.
    I bet she was glad she phoned you

In my opinion the ending of the lockdown and people coming out of their self isolation ‘bubble’ is the problem why the number of positive Covid-19 cases are greatly increasing in number. These people have lost their immunityinfection to diseases making them susceptible to contracting the Covid-19:virus.
    There is a grain of truth in the immunity argument. The figures we have regarding testing in April were at a far lower level than the figures for testing in October. How can we be sure what the actual levels of covid infections were in both months? How many people contract the virus and deal with it without ever becoming a statistic?

Do we have any indication that the herd immunity approach is a possible strategy. It has been billed as a death sentence for anyone/everyone who is over weight, over 70 and suffers some kind of health impairment. How can you have herd immunity for so many people who live with one or more of these characteristics. The young and fit seem to be immune with again the vulnerable in this age group being in the compromised immunity category.

I'd like to see some research into how many people have antibodies. Let's try and prove how many of the population have had covid using a test for antibodies.

One other question, the way the care service deaths were reported implied that whole care homes of people were wiped out. What are the actual numbers of care home inhabitants who have lived through the virus when it was discovered in their care facility.

islay wins the David Icke Covidiot Award for Tuesday, how many tests is he going to have ffs

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    One other question, the way the care service deaths were reported implied that whole care homes of people were wiped out. What are the actual numbers of care home inhabitants who have lived through the virus when it was discovered in their care facility.
    The ‘powers that be’ will not give out these figures citing the Data Protection Act.
    They were quick to tell us when ten people died suffering from Covid-19 in a care home on Skye which was operated by a private company but they omitted to tell us that these patients could have been transferred to the intensive care ward at Raigmore Hospital in Inverness.
    It was later revealed that during the lockdown there were hardly any patients admitted to the intensive care unit at Raigmore Hospital suffering from the Covid-19 virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    islay wins the David Icke Covidiot Award for Tuesday, how many tests is he going to have ffs
    It is not my fault that my GP tells me to get a Covid-19 test when I contract a cough and become a bit breathless.
    It is better to be safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    There is a grain of truth in the immunity argument. The figures we have regarding testing in April were at a far lower level than the figures for testing in October. How can we be sure what the actual levels of covid infections were in both months? How many people contract the virus and deal with it without ever becoming a statistic?

Do we have any indication that the herd immunity approach is a possible strategy. It has been billed as a death sentence for anyone/everyone who is over weight, over 70 and suffers some kind of health impairment. How can you have herd immunity for so many people who live with one or more of these characteristics. The young and fit seem to be immune with again the vulnerable in this age group being in the compromised immunity category.

I'd like to see some research into how many people have antibodies. Let's try and prove how many of the population have had covid using a test for antibodies.
    I have previously posted that back in June the authorities had the national lockdown to prevent a lot more deaths in the 30-50 age group.
    Now the politicians and health experts have decided that they are trying to protect the elderly.
    Back in April there were a lot less tests than there are now.
    Last Friday I asked the GP at Kings Cross Hospital if there was still a problem with people asking for a Covid-19 test.
    He told me that six weeks ago there were major problems because people were asking for the Covid-19 just in case they had the symptoms but there are no problems now.
    The health professionals are now urging people throughout the U.K. to phone NHS 24 to get the test if they have any symptoms.

It is not my fault that my GP tells me to get a Covid-19 test when I contract a cough and become a bit breathless.
    It is better to be safe than sorry.
    Why don't you get a test on Islay? Have you travelled to Dundee with your cough and breathlessness risking the spread of the virus to anyone you come into contact with on the way?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)