+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 'I wear a face covering......

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Are the SNP not refusing the UK Govts attempts at investment already?

Privatisation is no bad thing, I'd have the railways back under public ownership though.

It's the Scottish Govt that provide the ridiculous subsidised buses....it ain't free.

I'd be quite happy to pay for a GP if I could get an appt when I wanted one.

Are you talking food shortages, medicine shortages, fuel shortages?....Brexit and the conservative party who arnt really conservative seem to get blamed for an affy lot.
    Privatisation of the railways - amen (I'm not religious)

Buses - I'm indifferent, never use them and hopefully never will They're far too cold right now and were full of disease even before Covid.

I'd also pay to see a GP. I have a minor op that I want done privately but need a referral from GP to get it. Can't get near a GP because they're all busy with Tik Tok.

I can't see Brexit producing shortages in the short term. Might take an extra day to get imports in and exports out but same quantities will cross the border. Just a pity the actual border won't be at Gretna and Berwick

Are the SNP not refusing the UK Govts attempts at investment already?

Privatisation is no bad thing, I'd have the railways back under public ownership though.

It's the Scottish Govt that provide the ridiculous subsidised buses....it ain't free.

I'd be quite happy to pay for a GP if I could get an appt when I wanted one.

Are you talking food shortages, medicine shortages, fuel shortages?....Brexit and the conservative party who arnt really conservative seem to get blamed for an affy lot.
    SNP don't have any say or involvement in what the UK government does, as demonstrated when they all turned up without the courtesy of a phone call to any Scottish Government minister. Quite amusing that they all stayed away from public areas, apart from Gove who went to see some mates in Aberdeen. I expect in January that areas with unionist MSPs/marginals will see investment to replace what the EU used to do, the likes of Glasgow and Dundee can sing.

And I'm not talking shortages, the UK government are. Hospitals have been told to stockpile 3 months of medicines, businesses who import from the EU have been told the same, although it's not practical when they are used to daily deliveries. I've asked santa for a new beer fridge to be on the safe side.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I can't see Brexit producing shortages in the short term. Might take an extra day to get imports in and exports out but same quantities will cross the border. Just a pity the actual border won't be at Gretna and Berwick
    so why are they turning Kent into a lorry park.

Hope fishing gets the support it needs. Read a report that EU owns 55% of the British fishing licences.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    so why are they turning Kent into a lorry park.
    Same reason they built Nightingale hospitals. Knee jerk, panic, what if, just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Hope fishing gets the support it needs. Read a report that EU owns 55% of the British fishing licences.
    Cod war coming

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    SNP don't have any say or involvement in what the UK government does, as demonstrated when they all turned up without the courtesy of a phone call to any Scottish Government minister. Quite amusing that they all stayed away from public areas, apart from Gove who went to see some mates in Aberdeen. I expect in January that areas with unionist MSPs/marginals will see investment to replace what the EU used to do, the likes of Glasgow and Dundee can sing.

And I'm not talking shortages, the UK government are. Hospitals have been told to stockpile 3 months of medicines, businesses who import from the EU have been told the same, although it's not practical when they are used to daily deliveries. I've asked santa for a new beer fridge to be on the safe side.
    Stockpiling seems quite sensible if they can bear in mind they are doing hee haw else.😛

Slightly off topic but does anyone know how much Gary Lineker pays or any of the English football stars? Rooney was on £20m. Tax on that could be at 40 % about £8m. Just interested in how much really high earners pay in tax and national insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    It's not the EU though, is it? It's specific countries who have a market for the types of fish Brits don't eat who have bought quota from UK companies who were allocated them. I mean, have you tasted herring, it's bowfing. There is also a major issue with shellfish which is exported live. No deal Brexit kills that entire market overnight.

Stockpiling seems quite sensible if they can bear in mind they are doing hee haw else.��
    In April, the only beers that were available in my local shops were Tennents and Stella, screw that

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)