+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can it get more ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Jeez Islay, you are old enough to remember the buses in Dundee with the open platform at the back. Baltic in the winter, but people just got on with it.

When you come to think of it, travelling back from away games in the 70s and 80s with on a bus with half the windows smashed was no picnic, but again people got on with it no dramas no fuss no cry arsing.

Lots more in life to worry about than a 20-30 min Explore bus journey to wherever with its windows open.
    You don't come across as someone who worries about much.

That's a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    Jeez Islay, you are old enough to remember the buses in Dundee with the open platform at the back. Baltic in the winter, but people just got on with it.

When you come to think of it, travelling back from away games in the 70s and 80s with on a bus with half the windows smashed was no picnic, but again people got on with it no dramas no fuss no cry arsing.

Lots more in life to worry about than a 20-30 min Explore bus journey to wherever with its windows open.
    Parkhead to Douglas after the midweek 1-7 in the cup through there, not a window in the bus. No whining either

[QUOTE=thegen65;39604174]Jeez Islay, you are old enough to remember the buses in Dundee with the open platform at the back. Baltic in the winter, but people just got on with it.

Lots more in life to worry about than a 20-30 min Explore bus journey to wherever with its windows open.[/QUOTE
    I also remember when the one man double deckers where the door shut outwith the stops were introduced on the 20 bus route from memory in January 1967. What a difference to sit in a nice warm bus instead of a freezing cold bus which had no door.
    In October 2020 bus passengers have got used to travelling on warm xplore Dundee buses and it is likely that they have no urge to return to sitting in a freezing cold bus with all the windows open on the off chance that it will keep them safe from contracting the Covid-19 virus.
    I never travelled to away games in the 1970’s and 80’s by bus as I have never been a member of a Dundee Supporters Club.

After reading the posts on this topic I did what I should have done in the first place.
    I sent an email to Xplore Dundee complaining about their freezing cold buses with the windows. I also complained to National Express who ate parent company of Xplore Dundee.
    That was somewhat more problematic as National Express can only be contacted by their Facebook Page.
    Surprisingly I received a reply the following day from both Xplore Dundee and National Express.
    Xplore Dundee advised me that they received a directive from Scottish Government controlled Transport Scotland advising Xplore Dundee that all the windows on their buses must remain open at all times to help stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus. This directive was dated 27th May 2020. https://nxbus.co.uk/dundee/news/pass...afety-guidance
    Now over five months these halfwits at Transport Scptland have not had the commonsense to update their directive to take into account of the colder Autumn and Winter months. All the windows remaining open on the Xplore Dundee is not working as the number of positive Covid-19 cases has continued to rise.
    This afternoon I was in an Xplore Dundee 22 bus and despite all the windows being wide open it was a bit warmer as the heaters on the bus were ginghams full blast.
    Goodness knows what the CO2 emissions were on that 22 bus.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    After reading the posts on this topic I did what I should have done in the first place.
    I sent an email to Xplore Dundee complaining about their freezing cold buses with the windows. I also complained to National Express who ate parent company of Xplore Dundee.
    That was somewhat more problematic as National Express can only be contacted by their Facebook Page.
    Surprisingly I received a reply the following day from both Xplore Dundee and National Express.
    Xplore Dundee advised me that they received a directive from Scottish Government controlled Transport Scotland advising Xplore Dundee that all the windows on their buses must remain open at all times to help stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus. This directive was dated 27th May 2020. https://nxbus.co.uk/dundee/news/pass...afety-guidance
    Now over five months these halfwits at Transport Scptland have not had the commonsense to update their directive to take into account of the colder Autumn and Winter months. All the windows remaining open on the Xplore Dundee is not working as the number of positive Covid-19 cases has continued to rise.
    This afternoon I was in an Xplore Dundee 22 bus and despite all the windows being wide open it was a bit warmer as the heaters on the bus were ginghams full blast.
    Goodness knows what the CO2 emissions were on that 22 bus.
    This open window/outdoor policy is about to cause problems for poorer families in the city.

PE is now not allowed indoor at schools, I really can’t see a shred of logic in why not given how children mix at schools anyway. As a result there have been letters sent home saying kids need tracksuit, hoody and rain jacket plus other additional items for PE.

Meanwhile 7 grand a day consultants manage an ineffective track and trace system.

Bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    This open window/outdoor policy is about to cause problems for poorer families in the city.

PE is now not allowed indoor at schools, I really can’t see a shred of logic in why not given how children mix at schools anyway. As a result there have been letters sent home saying kids need tracksuit, hoody and rain jacket plus other additional items for PE.

Meanwhile 7 grand a day consultants manage an ineffective track and trace system.

Bonkers
    Never mind, when independence comes everything will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Never mind, when independence comes everything will be better.
    Wouldn’t have thought so but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Wouldn’t have thought so but who knows

It’s the answer to everything....apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    It’s the answer to everything....apparently.
    There are rumours that the Hodge conjecture has been solved......early reports suggest the answer to the century old mathematical problem is......independence.

Dundee has 272 covid infections. The population is 144k so our rate per 100k is 272/1.44=189. The criteria for Tier 3 between 150 and 300 cases per 100,000 people
    between 5% and 10% positive tests
    very high probability of 300 cases per 100,000 in two weeks' time
    the projection of hospital bed use in the health board in four weeks' time is greater than the health board's share of 2,000 beds nationally
    the projection of ICU bed use in the health board in three weeks' time is greater than twice its normal capacity

I really want to understand what this all means. In particular I do not understand the difference between the very high probability of 300 cases per 100k in two weeks time and the projection in 4 weeks time for ICU bed use will be greater than than twice its normal capacity.

Does the figure of 189 per 100k work out at 189/100000x100=0.189%?
    How is the range between 5-10%of positive tests applied?

I see that Perth transferred some of their ICU capacity to Dundee. How does that decision affect things?

I am fed up not understanding what is basically some simple arithmetic- can anyone help me?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)