+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can it get more ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Why am I needing to give myself a shake.
    All I am doing is warning people that they better have their thermals on if they are planning to use the xplore Dundee buses this winter.
    Hopefully the xplore Dundee bosses will come to their senses and shut the windows on their buses.
    transport scotland /id imagine vosa was consulted also,sent out the info to operators,re a window ie drivers and a window at the rear or sunroof being left open,they say this is to keep a steady flow of air throughout the vehicle,i get the thinking behind that however at the time this was first released the 17 seat minbus i drive was reduced to 2 passengers under the 2 m rule,the first junction i stopped at a normal saloon taxi passed and was carrying 4 people,absolute madness

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    transport scotland /id imagine vosa was consulted also,sent out the info to operators,re a window ie drivers and a window at the rear or sunroof being left open,they say this is to keep a steady flow of air throughout the vehicle,i get the thinking behind that however at the time this was first released the 17 seat minbus i drive was reduced to 2 passengers under the 2 m rule,the first junction i stopped at a normal saloon taxi passed and was carrying 4 people,absolute madness
    You may have seen my topic “It’s official the lunatics are running the asylum”.
    The rules for your 17 seater minibus come under that category.
    The rules regarding all the windows remaining open were probably introduced in the summer months when it was warm.
    It is now colder and by December and January colder still yet according to the bus passenger I was speaking to last Monday xplore Dundee are going to keep the windows open throughout this winter.
    Nothing would surprise me as far as Transport Scotland are concerned. These faceless Transport Scotland civil servants and bosses of xplore Dundee should be made to travel on their buses from now until next April. They would soon change their minds.

You may have seen my topic “It’s official the lunatics are running the asylum”.
    The rules for your 17 seater minibus come under that category.
    The rules regarding all the windows remaining open were probably introduced in the summer months when it was warm.
    It is now colder and by December and January colder still yet according to the bus passenger I was speaking to last Monday xplore Dundee are going to keep the windows open throughout this winter.
    Nothing would surprise me as far as Transport Scotland are concerned. These faceless Transport Scotland civil servants and bosses of xplore Dundee should be made to travel on their buses from now until next April. They would soon change their minds.
    I’d rather they just took the busses off the roads and stopped clogging them 😊 polluters

Nothing better than a nice cool bus. Relieves the smell o pish on
    The front seats you don’t smell it so much. All Xplore buses
    Front seats are stinking o pish, Wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by Oor Wullie View Post
    Nothing better than a nice cool bus. Relieves the smell o pish on
    The front seats you don’t smell it so much. All Xplore buses
    Front seats are stinking o pish, Wonder why
    Not on the 22 bus route.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    I’d rather they just took the busses off the roads and stopped clogging them �� polluters
    At the same time they can get rid of all these cyclists cycling on the pavements instead of on the road. I have seen middle aged cyclists cycling on the pavements. They should know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Because once again you've turned a non political decision into an excuse to SNP bash.

You quite literally find any excuse to do this. Fair enough you hate the SNP and independence supporters but everything doesn't have to be about one or the other. I'm 100 certain that Nicola Sturgeon hasn't sat in her Holyrood office and decreed that all buses in Dundee must have their windows left open. I suspect that was a local management and HSE decision.

Now, whether you agree with it or not and I'm pretty sure I don't, give yourself a shake and try to see the real reasons for the decision.
    The HSE officials need to travel on the xplore Dundee buses with the windows open during the winter months and they will hopefully come to their senses. What about the health of the passengers sitting freezing to death on these buses because the windows are all open.

The HSE officials need to travel on the xplore Dundee buses with the windows open during the winter months and they will hopefully come to their senses. What about the health of the passengers sitting freezing to death on these buses because the windows are all open.
    Jeez Islay, you are old enough to remember the buses in Dundee with the open platform at the back. Baltic in the winter, but people just got on with it.

When you come to think of it, travelling back from away games in the 70s and 80s with on a bus with half the windows smashed was no picnic, but again people got on with it no dramas no fuss no cry arsing.

Lots more in life to worry about than a 20-30 min Explore bus journey to wherever with its windows open.

You're obviously not paying attention to all my posts. Did I not say I don't agree with leaving the windows open?

Now, have you seen fit to give yourself that shake yet?

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post

Lots more in life to worry about than a 20-30 min Explore bus journey to wherever with its windows open.
    And the heating on

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)