+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lets lock down........

Lets lock down........

........Scotland again, costing however many jobs and mental health issues, so that Sturgeon can screw the UK government for cash to pay the lucky ones that are left in jobs 80% of their wages.

She really is winding me up now.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    ........Scotland again, costing however many jobs and mental health issues, so that Sturgeon can screw the UK government for cash to pay the lucky ones that are left in jobs 80% of their wages.

Don't fret there will be a 3rd one in January and a 4th sometime in spring.

Public sector/private sector......said it for nearly a year now if everyone was living the same lockdown things would be different but they arnae.

A guy seriously suggested to me on Friday that maybe we should close pubs permanently that don't sell food as there main business.

When I asked why.....he said "why no they cause too much bother as it is".

The funny money will come to an end soon and the poor will be far poorer than they are now and the comfortable will be a lot less comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Don't fret there will be a 3rd one in January and a 4th sometime in spring.

Public sector/private sector......said it for nearly a year now if everyone was living the same lockdown things would be different but they arnae.

A guy seriously suggested to me on Friday that maybe we should close pubs permanently that don't sell food as there main business.

When I asked why.....he said "why no they cause too much bother as it is".

The funny money will come to an end soon and the poor will be far poorer than they are now and the comfortable will be a lot less comfortable.
    I think we can bounce back quite quickly if we can find a solution to the social distancing part of the self help promoted by the medics. Interesting analogy with AIDS which was going to kill hundreds of thousands. The apocalyptic warnings were exactly the same as the covid ones. Those who were most at risk actually worked at getting things done to find cures and treatments. Wonder if Age Concern started a similar approach getting strategies for helping the vulnerable elderly to reduce their risks it might do a lot more good than blanket media panic messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

The whole of the UK went into the National Lockdown on Monday 23rd March 2020 and we should have exited it as one nation.
    All these different rules for Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland are ridiculous.
    There should be one set of rules for the whole of the U.K.
    To cap it all. Today the scientists were grilled by MPs and they have admitted that the 4,000 deaths per day is a worst case scenario.
    In my opinion this is a ridiculous state of affairs. The virus should have been left to run its course and taking the advice of scientists as gospel is plain crazy.

The different tiers throughout Scotland is stupid and ill thought out.
    Nippy tells us that people living in Tier 3 (Dundee) should not travel outwith the city but there is nothing to prevent people living in Invergowrie and Monifieth who both situated in Tier 2 local authorities travelling into Dundee for work and shopping and then travelling home again.
    Vehicles travelling from Aberdeen to Glasgow or Edinburgh on the A90 should be turning right at Forfar and travelling via Coupar Angus to Perth and onwards as far as Stirling where they reach another Tier 3 local authority area.
    The tiers should have been allocated by post codes.
    The islands of Islay, Jura and Colonsay are in Tier 2 because they are situated in the Argyll and Bute Council area which is Tier 2 despite only Islay having one positive Covid-19 case which according to my contact on Islay was an American tourist who brought it into the island and then refused to self isolate.
    My contact told me that this American tourist was removed from Islay by Police Scotland. I do not know what happened to him after that but he was probably forced to self isolate somewhere on the Mainland before being deported.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The whole of the UK went into the National Lockdown on Monday 23rd March 2020 and we should have exited it as one nation.
    All these different rules for Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland are ridiculous.
    There should be one set of rules for the whole of the U.K.
    To cap it all. Today the scientists were grilled by MPs and they have admitted that the 4,000 deaths per day is a worst case scenario.
    In my opinion this is a ridiculous state of affairs. The virus should have been left to run its course and taking the advice of scientists as gospel is plain crazy.
    Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and England are different countries so to suggest they should all be tied together in such decisions, and allow them to be taken by the muppets in Wasteminster, is like suggesting we should let Angela Merkel decide policy for the entirety of Europe. Since you're a raging Tory you'll understand why that wouldn't be right.

I've said since the start of this that to implement policies based on a worst case scenario devised by PC scientists with axes to grind and personal agendas was wrong. So it is proving and I'm glad that now the politicians have at last started questioning this approach - too late mind, they've already brought the countries almost to their knees.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)