+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Aberdeen v Hamilton Academical Match Thread

Some fantastic football in the first half albeit against a very poor Hamilton at that point. A combination of them stepping up and McInnes usual game management (no wonder our goal difference is never great) meant the second half was a non-event.

The real stuff starts now though. Next four games are celtic, celtic Hibs and sevco

Pleased to say I had to log off at 4-1, so probably saw the best of the game by the sound of it.

Thought we looked really good, so much nice interplay, etc. Only real downsides for me were Hayes' final ball and Edmondson looks laboured on the ball. I don't think the latter matters too much though, as he showed a strikers' instinct for both goals. I'm not confident any of our other forward players would have put those two chances away (except maybe McGinn).

There is probably a team and a position where Ojo would shine. But it’s not the current Aberdeen one. In our system at least, he’s neither a holding midfielder nor an attacking playmaker: he’s just someone who gets in everyone else’s road. McRorie’s performance was not improved by having Ojo next to him. The same would have been the case if he had played next to Ferguson of McGeoch earlier in the game. He just seems to do what his midfield partner does but considerably less well. In his best moments he passes square to that partner and lets them do something more creative. In his worst moments he gives the ball away or plays it into touch. Perhaps as the sole defensive midfielder or playmaker he would be more effective but I hope next season I am watching him in that role for Hamilton or St Mirren, not us.

Whoever criticised Edmondson for being greedy and slow after his two goals (on his senior debut), for **** sake, you’re all heart. In my less than illustrious footballing career I was a goal away from a hat trick on only one occasion which I spent elbowing my teammates out the way at every shooting opportunity without being able to replicate the flukes of my first two successful goal attempts. In his place, after he got a knock, I would have been demanding to play on with a pair of crutches. Well done to the loon: you could see what it meant to him.

Delighted to move above Hibs and a good performance ahead of the Celtic matches. You can carve open a defence but still lose daft goals seems like a good basis for the week’s training.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Some fantastic football in the first half albeit against a very poor Hamilton at that point. A combination of them stepping up and McInnes usual game management (no wonder our goal difference is never great) meant the second half was a non-event.

The real stuff starts now though. Next four games are celtic, celtic Hibs and sevco
    I thought we played some really good stuff first half , Hedges Dummy for Fergies screamer the highlight for me . Great to see Edmondson get a couple goals , well done to the lad .
    I don’t share the same optimism for the forthcoming Celtic fixtures though .
    We’ve been in this position too often , on a good run , then meet Celtic and try to contain them and show them far too much respect and usually lose .
    Good win tonight but 3rd in the league as good as it gets under DM ( I’d love to be proved wrong ) . It’s the reason he is still at Aberdeen after 7 seasons.

Oh and highlights tonight on BBC Scotland at 23:00 if anyone missed the first half , worth a look , some nice stuff .
    Be interesting to hear what patronising b@llocks they’ll come away with tonight ahead of our double header with Tims

Goal of the season so far from young Lewis. Fit a strike min. I was fair sweating that second half and i only had 20 quid on us minus 1 at 6/5. Got there in the end though. Get fecking tore in to the tims from the off on Sunday for once please.

Always a complaint, but how come from the first corner we sored an easy header from a great inswinger to the 6yard box near post from Hedges. Thereafter we didn't do that ever again and Hedges didn't take a lot of the corners. I don't get the short corners when we have a height advantage, fair enough try them against Ajer/Julien but when we are taller just lump it into the 6 yard box

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    There is probably a team and a position where Ojo would shine. But it’s not the current Aberdeen one. In our system at least, he’s neither a holding midfielder nor an attacking playmaker: he’s just someone who gets in everyone else’s road. McRorie’s performance was not improved by having Ojo next to him. The same would have been the case if he had played next to Ferguson of McGeoch earlier in the game. He just seems to do what his midfield partner does but considerably less well. In his best moments he passes square to that partner and lets them do something more creative. In his worst moments he gives the ball away or plays it into touch. Perhaps as the sole defensive midfielder or playmaker he would be more effective but I hope next season I am watching him in that role for Hamilton or St Mirren, not us.

Whoever criticised Edmondson for being greedy and slow after his two goals (on his senior debut), for **** sake, you’re all heart. In my less than illustrious footballing career I was a goal away from a hat trick on only one occasion which I spent elbowing my teammates out the way at every shooting opportunity without being able to replicate the flukes of my first two successful goal attempts. In his place, after he got a knock, I would have been demanding to play on with a pair of crutches. Well done to the loon: you could see what it meant to him.

Delighted to move above Hibs and a good performance ahead of the Celtic matches. You can carve open a defence but still lose daft goals seems like a good basis for the week’s training.
    It was me that was making an observation about Edmondson. I don't mind strikers being greedy and slow as long as they score, which he did. I'd far rather him than a striker who doesn't score and is fast. I just thought there were a couple of times, when he was running with the ball at his feet, he looked a bit Mark Yardley

poor

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567