+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FIFA European Premier League

FIFA European Premier League

Liverpool and Man U are in talks to join this tournament with teams from France Germany Spain and Italy wising to be founder members. Sky sports reports.
    PBP failed so we’re off. FIFA money grabbers.

We could be PL for longer then!
    Last edited by oldcolner; 20-10-2020 at 01:59 PM.

I can remember buying Man Utd shares many years ago (probably 20 or more) because they planned to join a European League and have the TV rights to show their home games on their ManU TV channel. It was going to be an absolute goldmine for them, which is why I bought the shares. In the event it never happened, so eventually I sold the shares and still made a decent profit. I'm sure the idea has been floating around the United, and other big clubs boardrooms ever since though, it never went away, they were just biding their time, maybe the time is now. I hope so, they can go for me, the PL will be a better league with some of the bigger clubs creamed off.

Yippee,lets get rid of the money grabbing whinging bastids.. Who in the right mind wants to watch Manure and the Bindippers in a super league.Even their own fans will be p/ssed off with this news..

I really hope it takes off then I don't have to watch them and the premier league will be far better off without them.. .

So the money grabbing bastids lost out on their last proposal, so this old chestnut has reared its head again, they cannot phuck off quick enough for me

It will all come down to money. If they think their coffers will get fatter in a post Covid European Premier League then they will be off whether their fans like it or not. Just saying.

Sounds like a Champions League replacement of 18 - 20 clubs so maybe they will want to stay in the EPL too. 5 from England. No relegation or promotion.
    Real Madrid behind it and being put down by UEFA and denied by FIFA President, Man U and LIverpool

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...remier-league/

They have been pushing for something similar for decades.

I agree with everyone above though, if it finally happens then the Prem would be better off without them, even though this particular scheme allows the teams to compete in both competitions.

This "scheme" is how Manchester City will be allowed to play their "B" team in the EPL.

Worry not, the whole rotten edifice will crumble soon, because the supporters will just walk away from the greed and sheer arrogance of these cluster phuckers.

Good article in the Mail this morning by Martin Samuel, he says in effect what everyone on here is saying. Feck off then, you won't be missed, shut the door behind you.

"Feck off then, you won't be missed, shut the door behind you".

Exact, word for word sentence I shouted when wife number 4 departed...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)