+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Quick Hello

A Quick Hello

Hello chappers, long time no see. I've occasionally lurked a bit for the past few years, but not having remembered my password and not being bothered to reset it each time I fancied a brief argument with someone, I've not taken a moment to say hello. Given also that Notts were really crap for a few years, my interest waned a lot. It's much easier to follow a team that wins.

But now we seem back to some mostly winning football, albeit outside of the league, I've renewed my Magplayer subscription for the first time since Wombat was manager. It's a shame about the game on Saturday, but that's what I get for counting the points won before the final whistle has sounded.

Anyways, thought I'd give a quick hello to everyone and ask for a bit of news, namely - are Tricky and Tarquers gone yet? Did I also see that Soccerman might have passed away? If so my sincere condolences to his friends and loved ones. What's the prediction for when you'll be able to go watch the matches in person? If things are back open for the game vs Wealdstone (March I think?) then I'll be heading over to watch. That's my old stomping ground and quite a few of my mates are fans of the stones - I even went to a few of their matches back in the late 90s, early 2000s. One of them has even ventured with me several times to meadow lane, and my favourite match day experience so far - away at Forrest Green back in... 2018 I think? What a brilliant little hamlet.

And why does my pee sometimes spray in all directions at once?

Always, I might come back on more, but I might stay away. Who knows. Best to all!
    Last edited by andy6025; 20-10-2020 at 02:27 PM.

Hello Andy, hope you're well. Tricky disappeared awhile ago and Tarkers might have got banned and then didn't come back afterwards I'm not sure. They might still read the board though. Soccerman hasn't been on since he and Sid had words I don't think but I'm sure he's still alive as a poster said the other day they still see him and he's well. Apart from that it's still the same.

Don't know when we'll be back at the ground, not anytime soon which is a pity for us watching and feel Meadow Lane might become a soft touch without the crowd there. As for your pee I'm not sure, maybe a pube over the japs eye ha ha.

Enjoy.

Hi Andy, great to see you post! Hope all's well with you.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Hello Andy, hope you're well. Tricky disappeared awhile ago and Tarkers might have got banned and then didn't come back afterwards I'm not sure. They might still read the board though. Soccerman hasn't been on since he and Sid had words I don't think but I'm sure he's still alive as a poster said the other day they still see him and he's well. Apart from that it's still the same.

Don't know when we'll be back at the ground, not anytime soon which is a pity for us watching and feel Meadow Lane might become a soft touch without the crowd there. As for your pee I'm not sure, maybe a pube over the japs eye ha ha.

Enjoy.
    Lol, thanks for the update. Glad to hear Tarkers and Tricky aren't brutalizing the board these days, and hopefully you all get back into the stadium soon. Looking forward to coming over, but I shall leave it off if there's no way to see live football.

Soccerman is now Joe Pass the well known Jazz guitarist he is still alive & kicking. 👍👌😛

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Hello chappers, long time no see. I've occasionally lurked a bit for the past few years, but not having remembered my password and not being bothered to reset it each time I fancied a brief argument with someone, I've not taken a moment to say hello. Given also that Notts were really crap for a few years, my interest waned a lot. It's much easier to follow a team that wins.

But now we seem back to some mostly winning football, albeit outside of the league, I've renewed my Magplayer subscription for the first time since Wombat was manager. It's a shame about the game on Saturday, but that's what I get for counting the points won before the final whistle has sounded.

Anyways, thought I'd give a quick hello to everyone and ask for a bit of news, namely - are Tricky and Tarquers gone yet? Did I also see that Soccerman might have passed away? If so my sincere condolences to his friends and loved ones. What's the prediction for when you'll be able to go watch the matches in person? If things are back open for the game vs Wealdstone (March I think?) then I'll be heading over to watch. That's my old stomping ground and quite a few of my mates are fans of the stones - I even went to a few of their matches back in the late 90s, early 2000s. One of them has even ventured with me several times to meadow lane, and my favourite match day experience so far - away at Forrest Green back in... 2018 I think? What a brilliant little hamlet.

And why does my pee sometimes spray in all directions at once?

Always, I might come back on more, but I might stay away. Who knows. Best to all!
    Hello Andy, good to know you're still keeping the faith! Regarding your questions about posters, Tricky disappeared over a year ago after he shot himself in the foot by gloating about getting this board closed down on their site. He's not posted on either since, and was last seen spreading his right wing propaganda on the Derby board. I don't know what's happened to tarquin, he's either banned or can't be bothered. I always enjoyed his gardening vids but wasn't so keen on his political posts. I just hope he hasn't taken on one Mexican bandit too many. As has been said already, Soccerman had to re-register as Joe Pass. He's not posted for a while, but I think that's because ever since "that scruffy terrorist loving Marxist" Corbyn was replaced he's had nothing to post about.

I hope you get the chance to come over and watch a game at Meadow Lane soon, these live streams just don't do it for me.

ps Regarding your pee problem, I did offer a 'sit down and enjoy the sensation' solution on another thread.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 21-10-2020 at 06:14 PM.

Feck me, just typed a long response with news on me, and life, and love and everything else, and then lost it. The answer to the universe was also in there too.

Oh well. I shan’t try again just now, but at I least want to acknowledge everyone’s response - thank you.

Welcome back Commie. I think Tarkers self banned after one too many alcohol induced rants on here. The rest is self explanatory. I was due back in the UK myself avec Family this Christmas and was hoping for a few games but alas COVID has meant all bets are off on that one. I am figuring it will be a minimum of another 12 months before international travel can be considered and as currently a one way ticket to the UK is $17,000 AU ( about 8 thousand quid) and there are 5 of us it might be a while! Indeed I am still waiting on a refund from the last lot as Thai Airlines have gone Bankrupt and have all my money the barstewards. I think the medium term cost of flights is going to be absolutely huge given number of people on planes the back log of people wanting to travel and so on and for me at least not affordable. You might also be pleased to know that Crazy Frog hasn't been seen for quite some time.

When did Thai airlines go bust Queenie? They are still advertising flights?

They filed a Business Re-organization Plan with the Central Bankruptcy Court, but are hoping to re-structure and continue flying and issuing refunds. I believe they are a mere $US 11 billion in debt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast