+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Quick Hello

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    They filed a Business Re-organization Plan with the Central Bankruptcy Court, but are hoping to re-structure and continue flying and issuing refunds. I believe they are a mere $US 11 billion in debt.
    Cheers

Debt is fast becoming as meaningless as the letter b in stuck in the middle of the word.

Wow, that's a medium sized fortune Queenie. I just looked up flight prices from here and it's actually really cheap atm - comparable to prices back in 1989 almost. But I don't fancy risking a flight unless I can see some proper live football. Even though we're doing much better at the covid than our American neighbours to the south, we still get reports of tons of flights bearing infected people. And despite our early 'success' at flattening the curve, it seems we've now taken an approach that business has become more important than transparency and health. I get that people are so tired of dealing with isolating and closures, but I'm of the rare view over here that if you're dead then that's worse than being broke. I believe that if the 'haves' have it at their disposal amassed fortunes that can be used to help take care of the 'have nots', then that's what should bloody well happen.

Other news going on here is that we have the election coming up with our American cousins. And even though we here in Kanukistan (that's Soviet-Canada for those of you who don't know) cannot vote, we're watching on with keen interest... and with horror. I can't believe that the poor Americans are forced between a narcissistic imbecile and a senile dullard. I don't think this one is going to go over smoothly. I expect the shooting to start on Election Day. If that happens I may want Nigel Farrage to come over and teach us how to close the door. I have zero prediction as to who would be the winner. One would surely expect Sleepy Joe to beat the p*ssy grabber in a landslide, but that's what we all predicted 4 years ago and boy were we wrong. I also wrongly predicted that there's no way Theressa May or Boris would actually go through with Brexit - that they'd find a way to wriggle out of it... but look at you now. So I was sold a lemon for a crystal ball.

In personal news, I've had a change of profession for the past two years. I hung up my lecturer's hat and am now working in the back end bureaucracy of the private sector side of our health care delivery system. I work in a rather benevolent and 'do good' side of it, so I enjoy the work and am able to sleep well. My flexible schedule also allows me to have a very good work-life balance. Do I miss teaching? Not really. The students seemed to be getting less and less capable, and less and less prepared out of high school.

Anyways, I hope you all keep well. Look after one another.

ps. What ever happened to the other left leaning forrest fan that used to grace the board? I remember him best as RedWorf, although he had a few name changes after that. Is he still around?

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    If that happens I may want Nigel Farrage to come over and teach us how to close the door.
    Tweeted today by Nigel Farage
    "If the government can subsidise Eat Out to Help Out, not being seen to give poor kids lunch in the school holidays looks mean and is wrong."

In personal news, I've had a change of profession for the past two years. I hung up my lecturer's hat and am now working in the back end bureaucracy of the private sector side of our health care delivery system. I work in a rather benevolent and 'do good' side of it, so I enjoy the work and am able to sleep well. My flexible schedule also allows me to have a very good work-life balance. Do I miss teaching? Not really. The students seemed to be getting less and less capable, and less and less prepared out of high school.
    I thought you were hankering for fame and fortune with a music band? Now you've sold your soul to the capitalists Still you'll be at home if they are bureaucratic.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Cheers
    Yes they are currently progressively, officially cancelling flights we should be in the next tranche to be cancelled. We have already been offered a "travel voucher" ( gift voucher essentially) several times to the value of the tickets but I think that essentially that is fairly pointless when nobody knows how this will all pan out. We are essentially an unsecured creditor with zillions of other people. They have about $8000 of my money ( 4000 quid) so not masses but a sizeable chunk of cash none the less. The Thai courts have approved their restructure but of course they are just dragging it out as long as they can like everyone else in the travel industry as cash is king. If we see any physical cash before March or April next year I will be very surprised and if we lose it altogether I wont be surprised at all. fortunately for us we are not hand to mouth like many people so it's not a massive deal but I would much prefer to spend the money on my kids.

Actually the very very worst company I dealt with in all of this corona pandemic and by some way were in the UK. A company called holidaycottages.co.uk We booked accommodation with them for when we returned and paid a sizable 25% deposit about 400 quid. At the time their cancellation policy was that cancellations 6 months in advance could be refunded in full. After Covid hit they changed their cancellation policy and had a T&C in the policy that their cancellation policy was subject to change without notice. They then refused to refund any of the deposit. I also lodged a chargeback and lost. I then researched UK Covid cancellation rules via moneysavingexpert noting that if the accommodation was rebooked we could get a full refund so I watched the little calendar thing on their online booking screen until they rebooked it lodged a dispute on the chargeback and got my money back. The ironic thing is that if they charged me perhaps 100 quid and refunded the rest I wouldn't have cared so now they have created themselves more admin got several bad reviews from me and lost more money than they needed to. Idiots and I feel sorry for their loss of business but their approach sucked entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Yes they are currently progressively, officially cancelling flights we should be in the next tranche to be cancelled. We have already been offered a "travel voucher" ( gift voucher essentially) several times to the value of the tickets but I think that essentially that is fairly pointless when nobody knows how this will all pan out. We are essentially an unsecured creditor with zillions of other people. They have about $8000 of my money ( 4000 quid) so not masses but a sizeable chunk of cash none the less. The Thai courts have approved their restructure but of course they are just dragging it out as long as they can like everyone else in the travel industry as cash is king. If we see any physical cash before March or April next year I will be very surprised and if we lose it altogether I wont be surprised at all. fortunately for us we are not hand to mouth like many people so it's not a massive deal but I would much prefer to spend the money on my kids.

Actually the very very worst company I dealt with in all of this corona pandemic and by some way were in the UK. A company called holidaycottages.co.uk We booked accommodation with them for when we returned and paid a sizable 25% deposit about 400 quid. At the time their cancellation policy was that cancellations 6 months in advance could be refunded in full. After Covid hit they changed their cancellation policy and had a T&C in the policy that their cancellation policy was subject to change without notice. They then refused to refund any of the deposit. I also lodged a chargeback and lost. I then researched UK Covid cancellation rules via moneysavingexpert noting that if the accommodation was rebooked we could get a full refund so I watched the little calendar thing on their online booking screen until they rebooked it lodged a dispute on the chargeback and got my money back. The ironic thing is that if they charged me perhaps 100 quid and refunded the rest I wouldn't have cared so now they have created themselves more admin got several bad reviews from me and lost more money than they needed to. Idiots and I feel sorry for their loss of business but their approach sucked entirely.
    They have had many complaints over here and were mentioned on a tv prog'. Rip off Britain recently.

Andy6025, don't be coming back on this board after all this time, spouting your articulate and interesting dialogue. The mere fact you have the decency to tell everyone to 'keep well and look after one another', shows you have way too much common sense to be here.
    Drunken self humiliation posts, racist rants and 'Ardley Out' threads are what it's all about here still.
    However, what has not changed is Johnnyt1's fabulous ability to be wrong with every prediction. I love you Johnny, I really do!
    I shall look forward to voting my next dropkick President into office in the upcoming days. Either side will be a miserable proposition, but hey-ho, look on the bright side, the weather here is better than Nottingham, so I'm almost guaranteed a better class of misery.

[QUOTE=CookieGuy;39605058]Andy6025, don't be coming back on this board after all this time, spouting your articulate and interesting dialogue. The mere fact you have the decency to tell everyone to 'keep well and look after one another', shows you have way too much common sense to be here.
    Drunken self humiliation posts, racist rants and 'Ardley Out' threads are what it's all about here still.

You left out the inane pun threads.

Wow, that's a medium sized fortune Queenie. I just looked up flight prices from here and it's actually really cheap atm - comparable to prices back in 1989 almost. But I don't fancy risking a flight unless I can see some proper live football. Even though we're doing much better at the covid than our American neighbours to the south, we still get reports of tons of flights bearing infected people. And despite our early 'success' at flattening the curve, it seems we've now taken an approach that business has become more important than transparency and health. I get that people are so tired of dealing with isolating and closures, but I'm of the rare view over here that if you're dead then that's worse than being broke. I believe that if the 'haves' have it at their disposal amassed fortunes that can be used to help take care of the 'have nots', then that's what should bloody well happen.

Other news going on here is that we have the election coming up with our American cousins. And even though we here in Kanukistan (that's Soviet-Canada for those of you who don't know) cannot vote, we're watching on with keen interest... and with horror. I can't believe that the poor Americans are forced between a narcissistic imbecile and a senile dullard. I don't think this one is going to go over smoothly. I expect the shooting to start on Election Day. If that happens I may want Nigel Farrage to come over and teach us how to close the door. I have zero prediction as to who would be the winner. One would surely expect Sleepy Joe to beat the p*ssy grabber in a landslide, but that's what we all predicted 4 years ago and boy were we wrong. I also wrongly predicted that there's no way Theressa May or Boris would actually go through with Brexit - that they'd find a way to wriggle out of it... but look at you now. So I was sold a lemon for a crystal ball.

Anyways, I hope you all keep well. Look after one another.

ps. What ever happened to the other left leaning forrest fan that used to grace the board? I remember him best as RedWorf, although he had a few name changes after that. Is he still around?
    Don't be deceived by the price online. I would have thought that someone as articulate as your good self would know the trick! They advertise the prices online and then a week or two before you fly you are offered an "upgrade" to business class for some crazy sum of money. if you buy the upgrade you are on the flight. if you don't then the flight is cancelled as per the terms and conditions of booking. As only 30-40 people are on a lot of these flights ( although the current Qantas repatriation flights to AU from UK are full with all people on board being landed in frikkin' Darwin though and who lives there, well almost nobody) then you pay accordingly but you do get cheesy nibbles and glass of expensive French bubbly to drink if you can work out how to remove your farce mask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12