+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 25 man squad

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

25 man squad

So, here are the 25:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...5-man-19135379

Those who failed to make it are Aarons, Saivet, Lazaar and Atsu. Wages-wise, Saivet and Lazaar have been an absolute disaster. Aarons is a huge disappointment in that he showed some really good early promise that never mterialised into anything worthwhile. Atsu has always been shit in the Prem.

A decent manager would be able to get something out of our squad but it's not as strong as some are suggesting.

Look at our striking options-Wilson is the only proper striker there-Gayle has never been good enough for the Prem, Carroll is a busted (literally most of the time) flush (of the toilet variety when he does play) and dogshit is Joelinton...sorry, I keep getting those words two mixed up-I can't tell the difference between them.

Attacking-wise, Fraser, Miggy and the Saint are all decent (excellent in the case of the Saint) but Murphy is shocking at this level and, to be honest, so is Ritchie now (I know, I know, workrate, committment, blah, blah....but what about crossing, scoring?)

Midfield? Umm.....Hayden, if he has a decent partner, is solid and you know I rate the Longstaffs-a decent coach could make them one of the best midfield pairings we've had in a while-I genuinely believe that). Shelvey can fuck off....we all know there's a player there but how often do we see it? that little bit of rimming he gave Bruce has ensured he's undroppable. Hendrick, I've got to say I don't know enough about to judge.

Our central defence has been weakened by getting shot of Lejeune...with the bizarre logic of sending him out to get gametime??? wtf. Anyway, Fernandez is the best of the bunch, Lascelles is like a slightly better Mike williamson and Schar needs to be part of a central 3 to get the best out of him (but is still second only to Fernandez). Ciaran Clark, similarly, needs to be in a 3 as he's not quite good enough in a 2 now.

Dummett...is he a CB or a full back....jack of both trades but absolutely not master of either (better as a CB ). Lewis seems very canny so far but Manquillo (just about ok on the right, utterly woeful on the left) and Krafth and Yedlin are both gash.

Goalkeeoers? I think we're ok there.

Manager? Giz a bag of Tudor.

Hmm...writing that, I may have depressed myself even further. Have I been too harsh? (I don't think I have but am prepared to listen....)
    Last edited by Zippity; 20-10-2020 at 04:15 PM. Reason: bloody smileys

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)