+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Nottingham Forest Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Yak. masbrorough. We all have a opinion. There's no right 0r wrong. Imaging if we all saw it the same way. Or if we all saw it in GWRU world. Now that would be a bit wow
    To repeat what Yak has already said, not having a go at anyone in particular, never said anyone was right or wrong. Just giving my opinion that some of our fans seem to forget who the opposition are and that they're actually quite good. Not just on here, on twitter, facebook etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Ok I’ll explain myself😊
    I wasn’t having a dig at anybody in particular it’s just imo we tend to be too hard on our own players.
    Take the Millwall game a lot of people praised Millwall for their defending when we were clearly better and more threatening than them.

Last night it’s down to us losing the player or allowing them to steamroll us.

Maybe it’s somewhere in the middle and we defended well and had some luck too.

The teams with better players generally finish higher in the table not always but the majority does.
    I think we’re quick to look at our weaknesses instead of praising our strengths
    This is a key thing for me...
    While Warney is getting better at this every game 'is going to be a tough game because they are...'
    Last time in this div he would list our opponents' last FA cup win the week before we played them. I'm sure he literally scared our lads through the trapdoor..
    As I say he has been better this time - but even the loathsome (to me) Evans never ever gave kudos to an opponent before a match.
    When do you hear Mourinho or Klopp singing an oppo's praises before sending his team out to meet them (or for that matter afterwards unless they've won 9-0).
    We even do it on here!!
    We all need mass hypnosis to tell us 'you have every right to think you're as good as any other team in this div.. even if they have 20000 supporters and won the cup in 1995...
    Starting with the management team.

Further to that is the irony that the psychology of confidence is very context-related...
    Hence we have a management team that is great at building up individuals (as our results with loanees has shown) BUT is hopeless at building their belief as a team unit against other div 2 team units.
    Because the management team is more in its comfort zone in the 3rd div the approach and hence the reslts are ALWAYS more positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    This is a key thing for me...
    While Warney is getting better at this every game 'is going to be a tough game because they are...'
    Last time in this div he would list our opponents' last FA cup win the week before we played them. I'm sure he literally scared our lads through the trapdoor..
    As I say he has been better this time - but even the loathsome (to me) Evans never ever gave kudos to an opponent before a match.
    When do you hear Mourinho or Klopp singing an oppo's praises before sending his team out to meet them (or for that matter afterwards unless they've won 9-0).
    We even do it on here!!
    We all need mass hypnosis to tell us 'you have every right to think you're as good as any other team in this div.. even if they have 20000 supporters and won the cup in 1995...
    Starting with the management team.
    That's assuming Warne tells the team the same things that he tells the press, and as we don't see what gets said behind closed doors, we'll never know. You rarely hear Klopp or Mourinho singing the praises of their opposition because more often than not, they are actually miles better than their opposition. We aren't. I personally would rather have a manager who is honest and realistic to the fans, than have a bullsh*tter like Evans. If Warne talks us up to an unrealistic level then he just makes a rod for his own back. But again, it's all just opinions isn't it?

Think we do pay opposition teams in this league too much respect. Warney dunt have to spell it out to players how good the opposition are in this league the players already know. Lets focus on what we can do to beat em like Ronnie and Stevis did in this league.it was interesting when Warne made the comment about Tricky trev taking the ball off coppinger in pre season then not knowing who he was. Our players need to have this mentality against all players in this division they come up against. Its a "they might think they are good attitude but I will show em how good they really are".

Think that we are better within the defence so far this season. What worries me is if we have to chase a game, especially away from NYS. We don't have that prowess up front, or we haven't shown it yet.
    We have been in front the last 4 games and ended up drawing(losing 1) and struggling to get out, that's 9 points gone already.

On the upside, we do look better prepared and in defence. Never look like being a force in attacking. Don't think Freddie is built to lead the line like Smith. So there's no room for our star load Hirst in a 451 formation, which quoting PW, " we are going to be more attacking this time in the Cship".
    Biggest problem is the injury to Ogbene, talk about a spanner in the works, just hope we get Flo up to speed soon, he might be the answer. Here's hoping, he should be at £2.7M.
    Would i have taken this start??? Of course i would.
    ...UTM.
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 21-10-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Avon Dale I thought exactly same thing last night with reference to Paul Warne saying we are going to be more attacking

With chie and Miller I guess we are as they are wingers but who have to track back.

Smith will huff and puff and get a foul out if defenders which is good and needed. (last 20 mins last night) to take the pressure off a little bit.

But past couple games I am starting see ladapo bit of skill and link play.

But I agree unless he isn't truly match fit get Hurst on more.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

I’ve always liked Grabban, once a Miller always a Miller ��
    Yes he's a great player and he's had a decent career. Not quite Prem standard but certainly top end cship

Obviously still has a soft spot for us with that deliberate miss last night.
    Signed by Andy Scott no less. Both brothers have a good eye for a player

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567