+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: European Super League?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    'As part of the initial blueprint, founder clubs could not be relegated for 20 years, meaning that a maximum of six places would be available each season'.

That sounds really fair!

No incentive for them to play their strongest teams in the Premier League as they will concentrate on the ESL and they know they will be in it for the next 20 years. That will de-value the Premier League as winning it won't mean so much and there may even be a chance that if you win it, you won't get into the ESL. FA Cup will get even more devalued.

The TV money will all be aimed at the ESL, Premier League will get less and so the EFL will get less. Meanwhile the 'big 4, 5 or 6' go from strength to strength. Transfer fees will continue to escalate, 'lesser' teams won't have a chance of getting the top players.

34 games in the Prem, 30 games (or 34) in the ESL + play off games + FA Cup games (unless of course they pull out of these?) will equal around 70 games +

When will they play international games?
    Probably U23s for the FA Cup. But whilst Real Madrid, PSG and maybe a few others might be serious about it, I suspect the ESL idea is going to be used as a bargaining tool.

It’s about time the nettle was firmly grasped and the ‘top clubs’ were told to sh!t or get off the pot.

If they want to play in Europe every week ok, but they can forget their domestic leagues. A European league with few or no relegation places will soon get very boring.

I know that I'm a dinosaur, but I would rather we went back to Divisions 1, 2, 3 & 4. Only champions into European Cup and a UEFA Cup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123