+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘The Problem’

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Only Time will tell if Ardley can finish the job?? I think not based on what i have seen from him over the last 2 years, others despite making continual excuses for his failures, think he can ,seems pretty much 50. 50 for and against at the moment

It would be interesting to see how Garrard would handle the pressure, but he might thrive on the incresed budget and resources at Notts
    Graham Alexander would be good, don,t forget Notts have some serious backing at this level compared to other clubs, look at how many players Ardley has brought in
    Danny Cowley definately, but i doubt he would drop back down to this level, i would expect he wants another championship club, or league one at lowest

Yes it would be interesting to see how Luke Garrad handles the pressure
    Salford reportedly fired Alexander because they weren't happy with the style of football. Also, this is a manager who had one of the biggest budgets in L2 and got his side to 11th last season. And despite having the biggest budget in the NL, Salford scraped up via the playoffs the season before that (not that we'd complain about that outcome!).

If a vacancy does emerge at Notts this season - and I hope not, because that would hopefully mean we're doing well - I'd like us to take the "Neil Warnock approach" again and look to get someone in who's enjoyed success lower down and is looking to make the next step. Could be someone like Steve Watson (from York) or a rival manager in the National League. Or maybe the Reedtz bros would want to bring in a compatriot - not worked out too badly for Brentford.

As Applepie says, though, it's a gamble no matter who you choose.

Davy has at least suggested some realistic options, of whom neither would really fill me with much hope, or be an improvement on Ardley if I’m honest. Danny Cowley is fanciful thinking at best, he’ll be waiting for the manager merry go round to fire up again shortly to grab a championship or league one job.

If we were looking to change now the only guy I would like to see is Dave Challinor whilst he’s still at our level and realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    The current Stags manager is the best example of that.

To be fair to Jimmy in regard to Sheff Utd, they got a whole lot worse after they sacked him, they suffered two further relegations all the way down to tier 4, so there must have been a lot of things wrong with that club at the time.
    Mansfield were almost as bad as Notts, they sacked Filtscroft with no replacement, and gave it the care taker manager , who i thought would do worse . I remember when we did the same thing after Sam Alladyce left, whhen we were top i think , and appointed the clown Gary Brazil who blew our chance of a return to tier 2

The current Stags Manager is an example of a gamble , as he had a decent record at Bristol Rovers, but his record at the stags with only 4 wins from 26, suggests he could soon be sacked

Very true, Stags have been chopping and changing manager for more than one reason in recent times.

They've gone from Evans to Flitcroft to Dempster to Coughlan in a short period of time and with each change the managers' record has gotten worse and worse.

All heavily backed by Radford.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    @Pedro. Just needs to be put on record. Dover had a very poor preseason by all accounts, they also have had a very poor start to season. 3 points from first 5 games. Are these two things connected? Yes they are, it's a perfect example of how a p!ss poor preseason detrimental impacts your start to your season. A start to a season extends beyond just the first game funnily enough.

@Notts78, good point about NA's contract if this is the final year then that is absolutely perfect for both manager and club.

Harry Kewell was of course given a 3 year when appointed. He lasted 10 (TEN) weeks before being sacked. I hope the small print in the contract saved AH some serious cash when he terminated that contract.
    A very reasoned argument there Laddo
    HOWEVER........
    where did they get their 3 points from ?
    They must have beat a 5hit team or a team with a 5hit manager.
    As you say a poor pre season is detrimental to any teams capabilities.
    Or let me guess there were some special circumstances around this game hence why they were able to rise above all these obstacles to win a game against impossible odds !
    Please expand ...x

I have expanded on this at length previously to another poster who thought a start to a season can be accurately illustrated in 90 mins. D'oh!

I never trust first game of the season. It's the Wild Wild West in betting terms,anything can happen and often does. Hence why I told people to lump on Dover at the available odds.

It was a very poor result, a poor performance, I didn't see it obviously but I'm guessing poor from the manager and players in poor conditions. Missed opportunity no doubt about it.

Now your turn Perdro. So many people downplay or even totally dismiss the obvious and expected detrimental impact of a p!ss poor preseason and limited preparation last season when Notts clearly struggled in the opening two months of the season.

So I'm told multiple times on here that Dover were like us previously a mess this pre season. And how many points have they managed out of the first 15 available? 3, just 3! Now I'm a 10 game man when it comes to defining a start to the season but we aren't there yet so 5 will have to do.

Do you think Dover's very poor start to date makes a mockery of those that dismissed and seriously downplayed the impact on Notts last season?

Look forward to hearing your answer to that question sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    A glowing reference in that he was sacked by wimbledon , after just 3 wins from 17 matches - wake up he was crap ...., and should never have been appointed
    Ardley was disasterous , one win from his first 12 games , which is what relegated us , but hey blame Nolan , blame Hardy in fact everybody but Ardley who was the manager for nearly 30 matches
    More excuses, Ardley had no pre season , so we started off poorly, but what about his poor run from November to December 3 months later , thats what cost us promotion, and his failure to beat poor to lower side teams
    Now people blaming Covid, and if we had not had 6 months off, we woud have beaten Harrogate , well the team never changed, and we lost twice
    Its just one excuse after another, but basically give Ardley more time, give Ardley more time bla bla, realise it does not matter how much time he gets, nothing changes, poor at set pieces, poor against high press, still all the problems fron 2 seasons ago...
    Sacked? left by mutual consent, admittedly probably had ran out of steam and hadn't had a break from football since he started playing and he said at the time he needed a rest but obviously Hardy pestered him. I can't remember many clubs after sacking or agreeing to terminate putting the below and I imagine their a bit better qualified than you to assess.

Neal was appointed in October 2012 and in his first season as a manager oversaw a dramatic and successful fight against relegation out of the Football League. Over the following years he transformed the Club from a playing and training point of view and also behind the scenes, where his personal drive led to a major improvement in the training facilities both in terms of improved training pitches and the working conditions for the Club staff.

As a club, Wimbledon has always punched above its weight and Neal made sure we continued to do so for the following seasons culminating in winning a play-off final in 2015/16 where he led the team out at Wembley to fulfil a long term ambition.

In the two seasons since that promotion Neal established us as a League 1 club despite the continued constraints on investment. Throughout his time with us he lived our values of openness and honesty.

We thank him for the massive role he has played for us over the last six years and wish him well in his future career.

Chief Executive Erik Samuelson said “Neal has been a credit to the club in everything he has done. He is a clear thinker, a superb man-manager and a fine coach. I’ve enjoyed working with him and am absolutely certain that he will achieve even greater success in his next roles. So, he leaves with my personal thanks and gratitude for what he has done in his time here at AFC Wimbledon.

I have expanded on this at length previously to another poster who thought a start to a season can be accurately illustrated in 90 mins. D'oh!

I never trust first game of the season. It's the Wild Wild West in betting terms,anything can happen and often does. Hence why I told people to lump on Dover at the available odds.

It was a very poor result, a poor performance, I didn't see it obviously but I'm guessing poor from the manager and players in poor conditions. Missed opportunity no doubt about it.

Now your turn Perdro. So many people downplay or even totally dismiss the obvious and expected detrimental impact of a p!ss poor preseason and limited preparation last season when Notts clearly struggled in the opening two months of the season.

So I'm told multiple times on here that Dover were like us previously a mess this pre season. And how many points have they managed out of the first 15 available? 3, just 3! Now I'm a 10 game man when it comes to defining a start to the season but we aren't there yet so 5 will have to do.

Do you think Dover's very poor start to date makes a mockery of those that dismissed and seriously downplayed the impact on Notts last season?

I think you've fallen into the trap of comparing like for like here.
    DOVER have a smaller squad with inferior players.
    Last season we had players training with us pre season just waiting to sign on the dotted line when the cash came in.
    So this massive preseason impact you were on about wasn't really as bad as you've painted it and wasnt the hamstring you make it out to be.
    To back this up wasnt our worst run in November time?
    So sweetie moving forward
    How would you feel if we have won 6 and lost 4 in the 10 game plan.?
    Is this conducive to your thoughts or would this be the beacon that makes you see the light that Ardleys way isn't the way to the promised land after all.
    Basically how poor do we have to be after 10 games for you to think Ardleys not doing the job.
    Bearing in mind the excuse bandied about is that Barrow and harrogate both had poor starts last season xxxx

Oh so you are another one choosing to play down the end to the relegation season, the delayed and late sale of the club , the missed signings due to this and the disrupted preseason. Oh that's ok then.

Except last season after 5 games I believe we had won only 1.
    Whereas this season with a proper preseason and no major off field issues we have won 3 out of 5.

This backs up Dover's 1 victory out of 5 games this season oh and look the previous season without the messed up preseason they won 3 out of 5. Some call it evidence, a trend , a correlation.

You really have to do some groundwork Pedro before making sweeping statements to suit an argument.

Do you want to have another go? Probably best if you do lol.

Although you can save yourself some time as this is all irrelevant because it's happened so historic now, the owners didn't sack him after a poor start, or poor November or the play off final defeat. Maybe they didn't downplay the lack of a proper preseason. Phew

You do talk some sh!t, but are you seriously comparing Dover this season to us last season?

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast