+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘The Problem’

That's definitely 'the play' having read your previous comments about pre-season.

Forget you said it and quickly move on.

That's correct I'd be hoping for / wanting 20 points from 10 games, but wouldn't get upset by 18/19. Anything less than 18 would be disappointing.

What about yourself, how many would you be satisfied/happy with?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Its all waffle , clubs always say good things when a managers are sacked, or forced out . They not likely to say the man was useless , and we had to get rid before he destroyed the club. Mainly to cover there own necks, against court proceedings

As an example of bull
    When Trew sacked Fullarton
    'I have to thank Jamie for his efforts over the past few weeks because he has had to face an incredibly difficult atmosphere, somewhat unfairly I feel, but has maintained an exceptional level of professionalism throughout and should be applauded for how he has conducted himself.

'There is no doubt in my mind that Jamie still has a very bright future in the game, but I acknowledge that what was already a tough challenge for him here at Meadow Lane was made all the more difficult through a number of factors that were beyond his control.

And it does,nt change the fact Ardley was crap, 3 wins from 17 at wimbledon , on that form he should have never have been appointed, and it showed that when he won one of his first 12 matches at Notts , that basically relegated us

What a load of rubbish. Firstly the the two statements are worlds apart from what they say and of course Trew was covering his backside from taking on a rookie.
    Secondly how can you ignore the 5/6 seasons before and says he's crap based on the last 17 games?? The only negative I can say on Ardleys appointment was he probably needed a rest as after his playing career he went straight in as Cardiffs academy manager, then Wimbledon for 6 years. The last place on anyone's list to recuperate would
    have been walking into our fiasco with Hardy, he clearly didn't know how bad it was, a egotistical owner and a dreadful bloated squad shown by virtually every one of them has done absolutely zilch since.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's definitely 'the play' having read your previous comments about pre-season.

Forget you said it and quickly move on.

That's correct I'd be hoping for / wanting 20 points from 10 games, but wouldn't get upset by 18/19. Anything less than 18 would be disappointing.

What about yourself, how many would you be satisfied/happy with?
    Ohh......
    So its 18 points now....
    Are there any excuses that we should know about before it goes tits up..?
    Poor pre season..
    Squad decimated by covid and the canceled games have put paid to Ardley fine tuned plans ..?
    I would be happy if we keep winning , !
    But it's not going to happen.
    It will be win a few draw some lose some win a few and so on...
    And there in lies the problem
    We are a top team, we shouldn't be just hanging in there, we should be the team they are trying to catch..
    Is that clear enough sweetie!.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    What a load of rubbish. Firstly the the two statements are worlds apart from what they say and of course Trew was covering his backside from taking on a rookie.
    Secondly how can you ignore the 5/6 seasons before and says he's crap based on the last 17 games?? The only negative I can say on Ardleys appointment was he probably needed a rest as after his playing career he went straight in as Cardiffs academy manager, then Wimbledon for 6 years. The last place on anyone's list to recuperate would
    have been walking into our fiasco with Hardy, he clearly didn't know how bad it was, a egotistical owner and a dreadful bloated squad shown by virtually every one of them has done absolutely zilch since.
    What are you on about 'Needing a rest'???

Football is his job? As a player he probably did around 12 - 15 hours a week. As an academy manager I'd say no more than the standard 36 hours a week, if that. Same as a club manager. I accept that when playing away games that may include a night away or long distances travelling. Hardly taxing work though is it?

We all have to work! I don't have the luxury of taking a few months off.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    What are you on about 'Needing a rest'???

Football is his job? As a player he probably did around 12 - 15 hours a week. As an academy manager I'd say no more than the standard 36 hours a week, if that. Same as a club manager. I accept that when playing away games that may include a night away or long distances travelling. Hardly taxing work though is it?

We all have to work! I don't have the luxury of taking a few months off.
    I reckon that there would be many club managers who would not agree with you that they work no more than 36 hours.

Perhaps some in the know might confirm that?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Ohh......
    So its 18 points now....
    Are there any excuses that we should know about before it goes tits up..?
    Poor pre season..
    Squad decimated by covid and the canceled games have put paid to Ardley fine tuned plans ..?
    I would be happy if we keep winning , !
    But it's not going to happen.
    It will be win a few draw some lose some win a few and so on...
    And there in lies the problem
    We are a top team, we shouldn't be just hanging in there, we should be the team they are trying to catch..
    Is that clear enough sweetie!.
    Did you have a bad day yesterday petal? I want 20 points from 10 games but wouldn't be lighting the pitchfork if we got 18/19. That's clear to me and should be to everyone else.

As for possible excuses, there are no excuses this season I've only stated that opinion about a dozen times now. Why do you and select others choose to ignore it?

There were more than one valid excuse last season, none this. It's that simple, and seems to be a view shared by many.

So you typed all those words but forgot to answer my question. I'll try again , how many points from the first 10 games would you be happy with? And how many would cause you to write a strongly worded letter to the owners?

Suggesting a standard 36 hour week is the norm for a professional football manager is comedy gold.

Perfect for a Friday morning, thank you KC

Suggesting a standard 36 hour week is the norm for a professional football manager is comedy gold.

Perfect for a Friday morning, thank you KC
    Enlighten me Laddo, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Enlighten me Laddo, I'm all ears.
    Just to confirm again, you think the manager of a professional football club works on average 36 hours a week during the season?

Just to confirm again, you think the manager of a professional football club works on average 36 hours a week during the season?
    Probably less. Depends if you count travelling time.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast