+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘The Problem’

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    When you haven't conveniently disappeared M.I.A. from NCM you don't half post some speculative waffle.

You are guessing that a manager of a professional football club does less than 36 hours work a week and therefore can't get burned out or need a rest from management. Pure guesswork based on nothing.

I never claimed to be the expert, I never doubted a manager could get burnt out or needed a break from the game. If you are gonna make a big statement at least have some evidence instead of a shopping list of estimates when we have no idea everything entails.

I would love you to pose that question to managers ranging from Ole Gunnar at Old Trafford down to someone managing at the bottom of L2 and see and hear their response.

I'm surprised none of the NCM angry mob hasn't backed your view up and helped you out with some facts and figures. Come on chaps, help your brother out here.

Are pro footy managers doing just above part time hours?
    The point is Laddo, you don't know do you? So before you ridicule somebody on a message board, why don't you take a deep breath and calm down? You are so quick to partake in your bizarre one-upmanship!

You are the 'poster boy' (your term) for keyboard warrior. I have no real interest in arguing with you, but I'm not keen on you trying to ridicule me as it is really quite unnecessary.

My point is, there are worst jobs in the world! Everybody has stresses in their jobs, few of us have the luxury of being able to take 'a few months off'. Is being a football manager really that stressful? These are millionaires we are talking about. I think a frontline nurse, or somebody on the poverty line, struggling to make ends meet may have a few things to say about that.

Did you have a bad day yesterday petal? I want 20 points from 10 games but wouldn't be lighting the pitchfork if we got 18/19. That's clear to me and should be to everyone else.

As for possible excuses, there are no excuses this season I've only stated that opinion about a dozen times now. Why do you and select others choose to ignore it?

There were more than one valid excuse last season, none this. It's that simple, and seems to be a view shared by many.

So you typed all those words but forgot to answer my question. I'll try again , how many points from the first 10 games would you be happy with? And how many would cause you to write a strongly worded letter to the owners?
    Afternoon laddo,or do you prefer hot lips!?
    I think I answered your question more than adequately i dont have a 10 game plan for him.
    I think he should have been gone ages ago.
    Just a thought though hot lips,will you join the pitchfork brigade if he falls below your desired 18 point target?
    Theres room for one more if and when you see the light...,,!

And you Sir are the Poster Boy for "Non Stop Negativity", it pours out of you on almost every single post. You must be an absolute thrill a minute at a dinner party.

It's not about one upmanship at all, that's almost completely pointless with people you don't know. It's more about highlighting the unsubstantiated tabloid headline type comments on here. You know the type, a football manager works less than 36 hours a week, it only costs £50K to sack a management team and hire a new one. If last season hadn't of been stopped we would definitely have lost to Harrogate and no way we would have finished above 5th etc.

I recommend you watch The Social Dilemma on Netflix if you haven't already. Superb documentary and pretty scary, a real eye opener. Explains in the world of social media/internet you don't need to be accurate, have any evidence at all or be telling anywhere near to the truth to influence others. It's all about page views, clickbait and grabbing attention no matter how comical the statement. You Sir nailed it and leave the NHS nurses out of this. It's a football message board after all.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Afternoon laddo,or do you prefer hot lips!?
    I think I answered your question more than adequately i dont have a 10 game plan for him.
    I think he should have been gone ages ago.
    Just a thought though hot lips,will you join the pitchfork brigade if he falls below your desired 18 point target?
    Theres room for one more if and when you see the light...,,!
    I prefer Laddo, but will accept Lado also. Hold on a minute you want to know whether j would accept 6 wins and 4 defeats and so 18 points from first 10 games? You want to know how many I would be happy with?

I providing answers, I then ask the very same question to you and you don't have a points total in mind. Brilliant lol. All about asking and not answering it seems, standard.

Ok let's try this question , when did you want him gone? During the relegation season? At the end of the relegation season? Last season around November time? Or after the Play Off final defeat? Or as with some of the more extreme members of the #angrymob, all of the above?

Just pick one and prove you aren't as slippery and shy as some on here.

And to answer your latest question, no not after 10 games. Very unlucky it will ever happen cos there are too many drama queens in your group and some of your fellow members are a little too basic and simple when it comes to football.

Now your turn , have a think and give us an answer sweetheart x

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Trying to quantify how stressed someone gets doing a job by the number of hours they work is a bit daft really. People are affected by their work in different ways, some people have very stressful manual jobs and others have very mentally stressful jobs. Hours worked might have an impact on this but that will likely be more down to physical strain than mental.

When it comes to football managers at a professional level the stresses must be very high because it is after all a results based business. There are some managers that will spend every waking hour pouring over tactics, stats, player and match video's etc on top of taking training sessions and undertaking administrative and media duties. There are others that will do the bare minimum and leave training to their number two while they go and play golf (Ince?). Either way the impact it has on them mentally will be dependant on their own mental strength and also how successful they are at any time.

Neal Ardley strikes me as the type of manager who needs to throw himself fully into any role he has so would imagine he puts a fair few hours in. Whether those hours are paying dividends or not is another argument altogether!
    It's all about quality rather than the quantity of work. If you're a manager, one of the most important decisions you make is the team you select to assist you, because the more effective they are and the more you can trust them, the more work you can delegate and the more time that leaves you to contemplate the most important decisions calmly and carefully. If you become like a sponge, trying to control everything or do everything yourself, it becomes far more difficult to make rational decisions.

I prefer Laddo, but will accept Lado also. Hold on a minute you want to know whether j would accept 6 wins and 4 defeats and so 18 points from first 10 games? You want to know how many I would be happy with?

I providing answers, I then ask the very same question to you and you don't have a points total in mind. Brilliant lol. All about asking and not answering it seems, standard.

Ok let's try this question , when did you want him gone? During the relegation season? At the end of the relegation season? Last season around November time? Or after the Play Off final defeat? Or as with some of the more extreme members of the #angrymob, all of the above?

Just pick one and prove you aren't as slippery and shy as some on here.

And to answer your latest question, no not after 10 games. Very unlucky it will ever happen cos there are too many drama queens in your group and some of your fellow members are a little too basic and simple when it comes to football.

Now your turn , have a think and give us an answer sweetheart x
    is someone deleting my posts ?
    I replied to you about this one the other day , possibly yesterday early evening ?
    is swales the mod trying to save you from embarrassment?

I replied to you about this one the other day , possibly yesterday early evening ?
    No and no. Perhaps you didn't click submit on your post or the site didn't post it.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 01-11-2020 at 12:28 PM.

It's ok Pedro tbh I didn't expect you to answer a question anyway.

You aren't alone on much preferring to ask rather than answer questions. I'll do both no biggie

Ok Hot Lips , her goes (again)
    I initially wanted Ardley gone after the relegation campaign , but after thinking about it I thought maybe I was being a little unfair on him and the style of play implemented during the relegation fight could have been used solely due to fear of losing with the trap door waiting !

I believed that with a new season ahead with new players and time to implement a new attitude and new style that was more suited to a promotion push than a relegation battle, he could possibly be a success.

I mean bearing in mind we are in the national league and half the games being won(or should be won) before a ball is kicked we shouldn't go far wrong.
    However after seeing the football that was being served up at the start of the new season , seeing teams with limited abilities and facilities coming here and out playing us, it became blatantly obvious that he is not up to the task ahead.
    so not long after the start of the new season I was ready to accept that Ardley is not the man for us, I can't give you the exact date or time but early doors.
    Roll on November and I believe that is when we hit a bad patch again and this only confirmed that he isn't the man we need to get us promotion.
    so there you go in truth I was ready to wave good bye to Ardley early doors in the new season , Novembers run just confirmed it.
    As did the play off defeat and cup defeat and has the start to the new season get turned over by Dover and Maidenhead (at home !)
    Are these two early results and performances that of a title winning side ?

so to then answer your other question how many points would I be happy with after 10 games the answer is it doesn't matter , I don't think that he is the manager that will get us promotion , which you know as I've already made it obvious.
    we could have 24 points and I would be happy as Larry of course , but it wont happen.
    Of course I will be happy if we keep winning and do get promotion so the more points the better , BUT .. I do not believe that he can achieve that as I've said many times on here .
    I think the owners should target a manager they admire and think is the man for the job and support him through thick and thin , not this one.
    Just to re iterate , I think he , Ardley comes over as a really nice guy , but as for his football tactics he stuck in the same room as Mcparland,at times can he get the team playing decent football but has trouble in defending direct teams.
    would you Have Mcparland back ? of course not !
    To me with Ardley in charge will be just another wasted season , of course we will win a few lose a few and draw a few ,
    any half decent manager should get us into the play offs , which I think he should , but I don't think he has the skill set to get us promotion.
    He was out witted by Barrow and Harrogate managers and he will be outwitted by two other sets of mangers this season as well.
    and I don't just mean Dover & maidenhead !

That's comprehensive and interesting post. So in summary you wanted him sacked at the end of the relegation season but acknowledged you were wrong. Then you wanted him sacked early on last season after a poor start following an awful preseason (but let's ignore that bit). November just confirmed your thoughts. Fair enough 2 or 3 times is the answer.

Didn't we beat both Harrogate and Barrow last season? The Maidenhead defeat at home is not a result of potential champions for sure nor is title favourites Stockport losing to Weymouth! At home!!!!

All manager gets outwitted during the season that's natural. You can't get your setup , tactics and approach right every time.

I agree with the struggling against direct sides whilst playing attractive football out from the back. Not sure anyone can argue with that.

If he fails this season , he leaves the club it's that simple for me.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast