+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘The Problem’

One last thing before bed, how long do we think it takes to build a side? Now you could say Klopp took 5 years but that's to win the Premier League and Champions League not to get out of the National League. Do you need less time due to the quality of the opposition or do you need just as long?

I ask because some people say he's building a team but does it take 3 years to build a team to get into League 2? I don't know the answer, I'm not sure if we're building for a brilliant future or just building to end up with the same outcome.

Anyway night night

... FFS you're all over complicating this with your pseudo opinions. The solution is/has always been ... first to the ball; stop the effing cross.

The solution is fairly simple in my mind. Ardley has brought in good players for this level although I am not qualified enough to know if the squad has the right balance. Neal is a nice guy we all agree and that's a big part of the problem. When we have been successful as a club look at the traits that the succesful managers had and ask yourself if Neal has any of those as quite clearly he doesn't. As follows:

* He has no plan B
    * He has little to no motivational powers. He's like the all Amercian mum with the fat kid at school.
    * He doesn't know how to get a silk purse from a sows ear

He's probably a good coach I don't really know though and he clearly knows the leagues but he has huge help from football radar. We need someone at the helm with the above skills. He has none of them.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The solution is fairly simple in my mind. Ardley has brought in good players for this level although I am not qualified enough to know if the squad has the right balance. Neal is a nice guy we all agree and that's a big part of the problem. When we have been successful as a club look at the traits that the succesful managers had and ask yourself if Neal has any of those as quite clearly he doesn't. As follows:

* He has no plan B
    * He has little to no motivational powers. He's like the all Amercian mum with the fat kid at school.
    * He doesn't know how to get a silk purse from a sows ear

He's probably a good coach I don't really know though and he clearly knows the leagues but he has huge help from football radar. We need someone at the helm with the above skills. He has none of them.
    He is very good at being interviewed and comes across as a really nice guy, but that's where his talents end.. the majority of the football is just passing the ball across the the back like a hot potato and then just kicking it anywhere. We have no spine in the team and are often outfought in midfield and out jumped in defence..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He is very good at being interviewed and comes across as a really nice guy, but that's where his talents end.. the majority of the football is just passing the ball across the the back like a hot potato and then just kicking it anywhere. We have no spine in the team and are often outfought in midfield and out jumped in defence..
    That's the conclusion I have come to pretty much. I think Doyle has some spine but he's 39 and he can't do it all himself. the whole strategy to get out of this league seems odd to me. Overall there is a lack of steel and teams can steamroller into us with brute force and little to no ability and sometimes we just crumble just like last weekend and Dover. That is where you need a plan b and to get silk purse from sows ear and powers of motivation but it comes crashing down like a house of cards not all the time but quite often.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    The defence needs more discipline. Simples. Success starts from the back in footie...IMHO. Defend set pieces and stop the crosses and once that's in order we can start to play expansively without panicking every time the opposition gets the ball in our half.
    I remember Roy Keanne saying this when he was commentating about a poor England performance

At half time he was on about defending, saying that when defending set pieces, England were terrible, and that they were never first to the ball. And if the oppopsition gets to the ball first, they have a 50 % chance of scoring

No, This isn’t to do with my pee spraying in all directions, though I would also like the answer to that....for a friend, of course.

I can give you the answer to this problem DUODART/ dutasteride/tamsulosin hydrochloride ..Talk to your Doctor........

According to the Hartlepool Mail, on only games played throughout 2020 Notts are top of the league. Which is nice.

Article here
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-10-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    According to the Hartlepool Mail, on only games played throughout 2020 Notts are top of the league. Which is nice.

Article here
    You win trophies for what you do over the course of the season unfortunately!

I've come to the conclusion that Ardley and the senior players he shares his authority with - Doyle, O'Brien - are wrecking the team spirit we need...
    Those 2 have the bad combination of shouting off at other players while not being very good themselves -
    In your work, how would you feel about being bawled out for a mistake by someone who makes loads himself but is close to the boss and ALWAYS gets picked? I'd like to see the likes of Enzio calling out Doyle for every misplaced pass....

Saturday was typical, they hit back and when we need a response from the engine room of central midfield (authority on the ball more than running around kicking people) it's never there when we need it. Nor from the manager in general, a few pre-determined substitutes but nothing by way of inspiration.
    We're just not a side with a lot of spirit or togetherness when things start going wrong.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast