+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘The Problem’

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Take your pick from the excuses we had this season after the Dover defeat.

Playoff defeat hangover
    New players need time to gel
    Other teams saw us as a scalp and raised their game
    We are still trying to find our best formation
    So you are still cherry picking and viewing things over 90 mins max! That's disappointing.

Not over the 5 games mentioned. Just to refresh your memory, 1 point from 15 in 2018/19 season Vs 9 points from 15 in 2020/21.

Great comparison Elite lol.

Try again.... If you don't know that's ok. I have no idea why we were so horrific at the start of 2018/19

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    So you are still cherry picking and viewing things over 90 mins max! That's disappointing.

Not over the 5 games mentioned. Just to refresh your memory, 1 point from 15 in 2018/19 season Vs 9 points from 15 in 2020/21.

Try again.... If you don't know that's ok. I have no idea why we were so horrific at the start of 2018/19
    I think it was a combination of how Nolan came back, added to the leaving of Edwards, Smith & Ameobi.

Thanks magpie_mania, i have a feeling it would take days for answer from EP.

Ameobi was a big loss, less so the other two. "How Nolan came back" is probably the nearest we will get to the correct answer.

We looked all out of sorts, possibly unfit, and definitely unorganised and that comes from the manager and "How Nolan came back" :/

Just to refresh your memory, 1 point from 15 in 2018/19 season Vs 9 points from 15 in 2020/21.
    First five games in 2018/19 we played Colchester, Cambridge, Yeovil, Newport and Lincoln. 3 away and two at home.

First five games in 2020/21 we played Dover, Altrincham, Barnet, Sutton and Maidenhead. 3 at home and two away.

In both seasons we should have got more points than we did. Again, keep lowering the bar and eventually Ardley will meet your expectations.

Thanks magpie_mania, i have a feeling it would take days for answer from EP.

Ameobi was a big loss, less so the other two. "How Nolan came back" is probably the nearest we will get to the correct answer.

We looked all out of sorts, possibly unfit, and definitely unorganised and that comes from the manager and "How Nolan came back" :/
    Smith & Ameobi were support for Nolan and I suspect he missed that in the dressing room and for his own motivation. Who decided they should go?

Edwards would also have been missed all round. It cannot have been a moral booster to see him leave/sacked/dismissed. How many previous managers suffered when they decided they didn't need him. He was "Mr Notts County" and hard to believe there would have been unfitness in his presence.

The slump started with the "I promised a stronger squad ... and I believe I have delivered on that promise" statement. We were on course to romp to promotion. Psychological and demoralising blows were the outcome and Nolan never recovered. Shame really though I'm not sure how much a manager he really was. He's learning the trade properly now.

Mainly because of the complete change in style of play, apparantly because of the Coventry defeat
    The change of the goal keeper , i am pretty sure Nolan wanted to keep Adam Colin

Exclusive: Kevin Nolan talks Big Sam, Notts County and Project Restart
    By Toby Bowles
    8 May 2020 11:17

The owners at Notts County didn’t listen to what I was telling them and what I wanted to do. I think that’s why that ended," he explains.

"We had a five-year plan to get into League One, we were nearly there after 18 months. We thought that we’d still get there within the three years but the owner [Alan Hardy] wanted more and more too quickly

And for all the anti Nolan supporters, that have said what has he done since leaving Notts, he talked to Hardy about a return to Notts after Kewell was sacked, to bad he did,nt as Ardley been useless. Nolan turned down a job at Wimbledon , and is currently the Assistant Manager at West Ham

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yep, League Two Harrogate were much better. Mind you we didn't show up in the first game when they were at our level.
    I don,t thing Harrogate were allowed to play any of there league 2 signings

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    We are talking about what happened back in March! That's like saying you are sure that Liverpool would have lost to Villa last season because they put 7 past them this season!
    Its nothing of the sort, the evidence suggests Notts are more likely to have lost that game in march than won it . Harragate themselves had only lost 2 of their last 12 gameas at that time

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Its nothing of the sort, the evidence suggests Notts are more likely to have lost that game in march than won it . Harragate themselves had only lost 2 of their last 12 gameas at that time
    What evidence, available at the time of the game, not from August, are you using to base your judgement?

"The Great Book of Evidence"
    by DavyFacts

So Harrogate and Notts were both in great form both superior to Barrow with plenty of games to. Notts could have beaten Harrogate , they in turn could easily have beaten Barrow. Equally Notts could have lost to Harrogate and Barrow beat them.

Nobody knows, just opinion. Nice to have been in the conversation before the chance however slim was taken away with the abrupt ending of the season.

Can't wait to get my hands on Davy's second book:

"Pro or Anti there is no middle - Pick a side?!"

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast