+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘The Problem’

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Sacked? left by mutual consent, admittedly probably had ran out of steam and hadn't had a break from football since he started playing and he said at the time he needed a rest but obviously Hardy pestered him. I can't remember many clubs after sacking or agreeing to terminate putting the below and I imagine their a bit better qualified than you to assess.

Neal was appointed in October 2012 and in his first season as a manager oversaw a dramatic and successful fight against relegation out of the Football League. Over the following years he transformed the Club from a playing and training point of view and also behind the scenes, where his personal drive led to a major improvement in the training facilities both in terms of improved training pitches and the working conditions for the Club staff.

As a club, Wimbledon has always punched above its weight and Neal made sure we continued to do so for the following seasons culminating in winning a play-off final in 2015/16 where he led the team out at Wembley to fulfil a long term ambition.

In the two seasons since that promotion Neal established us as a League 1 club despite the continued constraints on investment. Throughout his time with us he lived our values of openness and honesty.

We thank him for the massive role he has played for us over the last six years and wish him well in his future career.

Chief Executive Erik Samuelson said “Neal has been a credit to the club in everything he has done. He is a clear thinker, a superb man-manager and a fine coach. I’ve enjoyed working with him and am absolutely certain that he will achieve even greater success in his next roles. So, he leaves with my personal thanks and gratitude for what he has done in his time here at AFC Wimbledon.
    Its all waffle , clubs always say good things when a managers are sacked, or forced out . They not likely to say the man was useless , and we had to get rid before he destroyed the club. Mainly to cover there own necks, against court proceedings

As an example of bull
    When Trew sacked Fullarton
    'I have to thank Jamie for his efforts over the past few weeks because he has had to face an incredibly difficult atmosphere, somewhat unfairly I feel, but has maintained an exceptional level of professionalism throughout and should be applauded for how he has conducted himself.

'There is no doubt in my mind that Jamie still has a very bright future in the game, but I acknowledge that what was already a tough challenge for him here at Meadow Lane was made all the more difficult through a number of factors that were beyond his control.

And it does,nt change the fact Ardley was crap, 3 wins from 17 at wimbledon , on that form he should have never have been appointed, and it showed that when he won one of his first 12 matches at Notts , that basically relegated us

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    You do talk some sh!t, but are you seriously comparing Dover this season to us last season?
    Dover won tonight so they now have 2 wins, both from home matches

Results were not to bad tonight, only bad result was torquay winning ,

Stags lost again haha , their manager is a joke 4 wins from 27, i hope he relegates them

Yes they are comparing Dover to us last season, as i said before one excuse after another.......yawn

This originally promising thread appears to be degenerating into another anti-Ardley eternal repetition thread.

Shall we merge them?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 28-10-2020 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    This originally promising thread appears to be degenerating into another anti-Ardley eternal repetition thread.

Shall we merge them?
    I thought it was turning into another pro Ardley thread with all the excuses being made for him, example how grwet he did at Wimbledon haha. When i read bull, i have to comment on it ..

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Oh so you are another one choosing to play down the end to the relegation season, the delayed and late sale of the club , the missed signings due to this and the disrupted preseason. Oh that's ok then.

Except last season after 5 games I believe we had won only 1.
    Whereas this season with a proper preseason and no major off field issues we have won 3 out of 5.

This backs up Dover's 1 victory out of 5 games this season oh and look the previous season without the messed up preseason they won 3 out of 5. Some call it evidence, a trend , a correlation.

You really have to do some groundwork Pedro before making sweeping statements to suit an argument.

Do you want to have another go? Probably best if you do lol.

Although you can save yourself some time as this is all irrelevant because it's happened so historic now, the owners didn't sack him after a poor start, or poor November or the play off final defeat. Maybe they didn't downplay the lack of a proper preseason. Phew
    As you choose to ignore the fact that he had many of the players he signed training and playing with us through the pre season..!
    So
    We can conclude it was a disastrous pre season and an almost impossible situation to over cone
    Or
    Conclude that Ardley isn't a very good manager after all.
    The truth sits somewhere inbetween .
    The truth is the pre season was not as bad as you make out and hes not the worst manager in the world.
    However , hes not the manager that will get us promotion has 2 seasons in charge are proof of that.
    I think you ignored my question about what is satisfactory in terms of results on your 10 game plan?
    Are you worried to put this in writing bearing in mind we have lost to two of the worst sides in the league already and you have no pre season excuse up your sleeve?

Pedro, is your life that boring?

Don't panic Pedro I only temporarily ignored it but you swiftly downplayed the shambles was the close season / pre season and quickly moved on to a question. That needed to be addressed.

Neither of us can quantify how bad or not it was, but it can be summarised as a poor preseason. Backed up by the evidence of our results, backed up by the results of other clubs who have had poor pre seasons, (potentially) backed up by the owners expectations. I'm sure the owners and manager could explain to you in depth why it was far from ideal and put us at a big disadvantage to our NL rivals for those first couple of months of the season. But let's ignore all that and move on...

Am I worried about answering a direct question on NCM? Ermmm no, history tells you that daily lol.

Another poster (can't remember whom) a while back stated wanting or hoping for 20 points from the first 10 games. I said at the time that I would go with that. I've not really thought about it since until your post yesterday.

Now there are fans on here, angry fans who review the start to the season after 1 game, would have done after 3 or 4 games but it didn't fit the #agenda so they were skipped. Then 5 games, probably 6 games if we don't win, etc etc.

There was never any chance on NCM that we wouldn't get a review or a call for the managers head until a 10 or even 5 game review of the start. It didn't even make it to the full time whistle in the first game. Classic NCM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Pedro, is your life that boring?
    Yes..
    As boring as yours it seems,....xx

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Don't panic Pedro I only temporarily ignored it but you swiftly downplayed the shambles was the close season / pre season and quickly moved on to a question. That needed to be addressed.

Neither of us can quantify how bad or not it was, but it can be summarised as a poor preseason. Backed up by the evidence of our results, backed up by the results of other clubs who have had poor pre seasons, (potentially) backed up by the owners expectations. I'm sure the owners and manager could explain to you in depth why it was far from ideal and put us at a big disadvantage to our NL rivals for those first couple of months of the season. But let's ignore all that and move on...

Am I worried about answering a direct question on NCM? Ermmm no, history tells you that daily lol.

Another poster (can't remember whom) a while back stated wanting or hoping for 20 points from the first 10 games. I said at the time that I would go with that. I've not really thought about it since until your post yesterday.

Now there are fans on here, angry fans who review the start to the season after 1 game, would have done after 3 or 4 games but it didn't fit the #agenda so they were skipped. Then 5 games, probably 6 games if we don't win, etc etc.

There was never any chance on NCM that we wouldn't get a review or a call for the managers head until a 10 or even 5 game review of the start. It didn't even make it to the full time whistle in the first game. Classic NCM.
    I will ignore your ponderous text but I will focus on your 20pts as the acceptable points return for 10 games as your answer
    Thank you x

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast