+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Euro League

New Euro League

So the deadly duo also seem to have been plotting a new Euro league.

Maybe the solution to getting to an 18 club league would be to kick Liverpool and Man U out. Obviously would never happen but would be hilarious if it did.

From what I understand the new league will be played midweek and they can still play in their own country leagues as well?
    Why not make their super league and f off altogether.

an absolute BS concept.

Not that I would expect the FA to have one ounce of common sense or business acumen. However, even a cretin would understand the concept that you can't just go off and play in other leagues. Real simple, if you join this league you forfeit your membership in the EPL or any other FA league.

it's an all or nothing deal.

it is interesting that with all of the hysteria of brexit and the EU that any UK team would even think in playing a league that requires free trade and travel. Something that won't occur if I understand brexit.

I sometimes wonder if owners are on the same planet as their fans.

Not sure an average fan can afford to jet across Europe every 2 weeks especially with what is going on at the moment and as Spaldy has said Brexit looming just over the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post

Not sure an average fan can afford to jet across Europe every 2 weeks especially with what is going on at the moment and as Spaldy has said Brexit looming just over the horizon.
    Mate, they don't give a rats Ar-- it's all about revenue from tv all sports in the future will be the same.

Surely they already have their own league.......the champions league, much better when it was the European Cup, straight knockout, no good to the money makers though.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post

Seriously, you think owners have a genuine concern for the supporters and their desire to follow and support their team?

How can you expect that when the last time they were in the stands was when they bought the club.

Cellino was as mad as a bag of chimps, but despite his insane actions outside of ER, I honestly think he was more attuned to how fans feel than any owner since Silver. Neither would be owners at ER now.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Mate, they don't give a rats Ar-- it's all about revenue from tv all sports in the future will be the same.
    100% correct, more is the pity.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    an absolute BS concept.

Not that I would expect the FA to have one ounce of common sense or business acumen. However, even a cretin would understand the concept that you can't just go off and play in other leagues. Real simple, if you join this league you forfeit your membership in the EPL or any other FA league.

it's an all or nothing deal.

it is interesting that with all of the hysteria of brexit and the EU that any UK team would even think in playing a league that requires free trade and travel. Something that won't occur if I understand brexit.
    Not quite Spaldy.

Free travel is unlikely to be an issue, to many commercial interests have an interest in making it as seamless as at present Covid notwithstanding)

Trade is another matter, and free movement of employees is a different issue altogether, so players from Europe may be subject to additional limitations.

There will be no issues with travel for Euro games too much money relies upon it.

Fans may just have more hurdles to jump through once they are allowed to attend games again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)