+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Rid I've had enough!

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    We are heading for league one purely down to recuitment, book stops with the manager
    We did press better 1st half, that tactic would of suited Marriott, but had players who lacked cutting edge
    We need someone who knows the league
    perhaps league 1
    Candy Crush has to take a fair share of the blame. We've regressed immensely since he took over the ownership of the club

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram View Post
    Candy Crush has to take a fair share of the blame. We've regressed immensely since he took over the ownership of the club
    Yes like four play offs and a final 😀😀

I’m just as disappointed as you, OTR...but in the five years before MM/CC took over we’d finished 19th, 12th, 10th, 3rd and 8th. In the five years since we’ve finished 5th, 9th, 6th, 6th and 10th.
    The last twelve months have been hugely disappointing and I agree there’s something badly wrong, but I’m not sure that’s evidence of us having ‘regressed immensely’.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Oh just my choice to kick some a**
    Mick McCarthy to end of season
    and he always talks well of Derby as a pundit
    Eddy afraid kick ass don't work now days ,player and agent power . Pearson soon found that out when he tried it . As much as I would like him here

Totally agree, all these years and we're worse now than when he joined.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Totally agree, all these years and we're worse now than when he joined.

As rA has posted we clearly aren't a worse team since Mel took over the reigns, or perhaps people have short memories? I still remember the Clough Jnr years with a shudder!

However, there is something amiss at the moment, I don't buy the bad luck story, all managers have a range of incidents to deal with and some incidents may be down to how the manager deals with the players. If some of your players think it acceptable to stay on drinking then maybe just maybe the manager hasn't made things clear to them?

You single out Lawrence's issues, but again there are many examples of players having issues and managers have to deal with them, one could question why we paid a large fee for a player without doing due diligence but again Derby seem to be good at doing that.

For me, the responsibility for team performance rest with the manager and his coaching staff, we have seen enough over the past 18 months to be able to question Cocu's approach, indeed way back in January I was doing exactly that and for me nothing has changed.

On player acquisitions, a manager normally approves them, so those acquired during Cocu's tenure he can be held responsible for, but rarely does a manager have the ability to change a squad within 12-18 months therefore they must be able to work with the players within a team, again IMO Cocu is trying to impose a style of play that either doesn't suit the players or they are not capable of, its a poor manager who cannot work out a style and tactics that suits the players he has.

Questions do need to be asked of the scouting and acquisition staff, they do not seem to be able to identify and bring in either by transfers or loans players that will improve the team. How much does Mel "interfere" in the buying of a player? Nobody knows, but if he does then he must share the blame, if its his advisors, then perhaps its time to replace them?

Talk of Howe is pie in the sky, we wouldn't be able to afford his salary and he will be looking for a club either with a good chance of promotion or one already in the premier league.

So how long before Cocu goes then? Because unless things change very soon, Mel will have to act to stand a chance of avoiding relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Eddy afraid kick ass don't work now days ,player and agent power . Pearson soon found that out when he tried it . As much as I would like him here
    Kicka ** prob not the right words
    Whenever we played Ipswich you could always hear McCarthy above everyone else. but he always seemed supportive of his players, but more vocal support from the sides may lift them
    Cocu looks a beaten man

The way I see it ATM is, the team is now far worse than the team we had when Morris inherited it. Poor manager selections, firing McClaren when he did and too much interference in playing matters have not helped his cause

I think he now wants out if he can find a buyer

The way I see it ATM is, the team is now far worse than the team we had when Morris inherited it. Poor manager selections, firing McClaren when he did and too much interference in playing matters have not helped his cause

I think he now wants out if he can find a buyer
    I think you may be right about MM now wanting out, OTR. Who can blame him given the number of times he’s been let down?

Don’t remember him having any choice over McClaren who, as I remember it, had made it abundantly clear he wanted to go to Newcastle.

The second time Mac was here. He was harshly treated

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)