+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Rid I've had enough!

Get Rid I've had enough!

They couldn't even get a ball into the area from a corner! Unbelievable

This is DCFC MoP, everything is unbelievable! Or perhaps I should say believable!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    They couldn't even get a ball into the area from a corner! Unbelievable
    Absolutely agree Mop, taxi for Cocu.
    But who do you get to come in ?
    Paul Cook for me, or Eddie Howe

Quote Originally Posted by wessoram View Post
    We are heading for league one purely down to recuitment, book stops with the manager
    We did press better 1st half, that tactic would of suited Marriott, but had players who lacked cutting edge
    We need someone who knows the league
    perhaps league 1

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    We are heading for league one purely down to recuitment, book stops with the manager
    We did press better 1st half, that tactic would of suited Marriott, but had players who lacked cutting edge
    We need someone who knows the league
    perhaps league 1
    Oh just my choice to kick some a**
    Mick McCarthy to end of season
    and he always talks well of Derby as a pundit

Quote Originally Posted by wessoram View Post
    Yes Paul Cook for me , But don't think we can afford to get rid of Cocu and his staff . Couldn't fault the effort but we have to many players just not good enough .

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Yes Paul Cook for me , But don't think we can afford to get rid of Cocu and his staff . Couldn't fault the effort but we have to many players just not good enough .
    We pressed well first half, but think how well we will press when Rooney returns worrying times

A bunch of kids with shot confidence. A win against Forest might turn things around, and a fit Ibe and Waghorn will help, but our squad just isn't good enough. It's our centre midfield that really worries me; Knight, Sibley, Bird - a bunch of kids with either crapppy Shinnie or Grandad Rooney with them. A new manager might give them some spring, but it will only paper over how weak a team we are.

I wonder what super **** up Mel will pull off next...

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    But if the players arent good enough, is it entirely the manager's fault? I dont subscribe to the rA "oh but hes had such bad luck" school of thought, but if the players are so poor would any manager get the best out of them? It would be like changing the steering on the car when the engine is ****ed.

Besides, as you say, can we afford to get rid, let alone bring in the new players that would suit a new manager's style of play? I fear we are stuck with it, and the best thing to do is stop whining, put up with the rubbish and hope it turns round in time to avoid relegation to League 2! Look on the bright side, we dont actually have to go and sit in the cold to watch it

It would be lovely to bring in Howe, although I'm not sure Jordon Ibe would be too thrilled! But let's be realistic we probably couldn't afford his wages. Joey Barton, he's the man for the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    But if the players arent good enough, is it entirely the manager's fault? I dont subscribe to the rA "oh but hes had such bad luck" school of thought, but if the players are so poor would any manager get the best out of them? It would be like changing the steering on the car when the engine is ****ed.

Besides, as you say, can we afford to get rid, let alone bring in the new players that would suit a new manager's style of play? I fear we are stuck with it, and the best thing to do is stop whining, put up with the rubbish and hope it turns round in time to avoid relegation to League 2! Look on the bright side, we dont actually have to go and sit in the cold to watch it

It would be lovely to bring in Howe, although I'm not sure Jordon Ibe would be too thrilled! But let's be realistic we probably couldn't afford his wages. Joey Barton, he's the man for the role.
    Hang on, GP. Yes, I’ve said he’s been unlucky...how else would you describe ‘JoinersGate’, the subsequent permanent loss of Keogh, Lawrence’s near breakdown, losing your single major signing for half of last season and what looks like a fair chunk of this one, the Covid abandonment just as we were running into form, and the loss of literally half our first choice selections at times this season?

Those are all just factual examples of our, or Cocu’s, bad luck since his arrival, but I have never attributed everything to luck alone and I am increasingly puzzled by some of his recent decisions.

Not at all sure about Howe. He worked wonders, with huge financial support, at Bournemouth. Not sure he’s done it anywhere else. Paul Cook might be a better match imo...might have to move quickly before he’s snapped up by mighty Salford City.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)