+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hudders 1 Rams 0

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA you are right I have praised Marshall and Byrne because they are a big improvement in what we had in those positions . As for his other signings I can't remember saying anything positive about them But it's obvious he's being given players he doesn't pick them He tells the recruitment team what position and type of player he needs What sort of manager would put up with having to lose Martin and Marriott and replacing them with CK-R Yes your team looks capable but football isn't played on paper .
    I don’t understand losing Marriott and Martin and replacing them with CK-R either, mista...but at least give the guy a chance.
    All I’ve seen of him is what little we saw last night and I’m not going to judge on that.
    Remember being very unimpressed by Chris Martin until Steve McClaren arrived and things suddenly ‘clicked’...likewise with Paul McGrath...thought we’d brought in an alcoholic crock who was well past his sell by date, and yet, for sadly just one season, he turned out to be the finest central defender I’ve ever seen at Derby.
    You never know...and I appreciate football isn’t played ‘on paper’, but we’ve all seen enough to know that those players are capable so something else must be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Sibley, Knight, Buchanan, Bird - are all kids. Bielik is still highly inexperienced. We don't know enough about Jozwiak.

That's 6 players completely unproven at this level.

Then you have Shinnie, proven to be incapable at this level.
    Rooney, who takes a good deadball but is largely a chocolate teapot.
    Forsyth, who looks like he can defend for 20 minutes, then plays a superb through ball to the opposition, before getting injured for 6 months.

It's just too many unproven or weak players. Can anyone think off just 1 player we have now, that is better than the player in his position in the QPR Wembley defeat?
    Connor Sammon was a substitute in that squad

Need I say more.............

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)