Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
RA you are right I have praised Marshall and Byrne because they are a big improvement in what we had in those positions . As for his other signings I can't remember saying anything positive about them But it's obvious he's being given players he doesn't pick them He tells the recruitment team what position and type of player he needs What sort of manager would put up with having to lose Martin and Marriott and replacing them with CK-R Yes your team looks capable but football isn't played on paper .
I don’t understand losing Marriott and Martin and replacing them with CK-R either, mista...but at least give the guy a chance.
All I’ve seen of him is what little we saw last night and I’m not going to judge on that.
Remember being very unimpressed by Chris Martin until Steve McClaren arrived and things suddenly ‘clicked’...likewise with Paul McGrath...thought we’d brought in an alcoholic crock who was well past his sell by date, and yet, for sadly just one season, he turned out to be the finest central defender I’ve ever seen at Derby.
You never know...and I appreciate football isn’t played ‘on paper’, but we’ve all seen enough to know that those players are capable so something else must be wrong.