+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auld United programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy19761 View Post
    there were programme or football fairs at the time iirc (i bought quite a few in my time). i seem to recall nethergate but very young. I have a 1964 scottish cup semi against rangers, utd v cowdenbeath 1950 (funny doesnt say the year on prog though) lots of these paper type non programmes for 3d or whatever. 1966 v motherwell again just a piece of paper or two really adverts and teams. We also played southern rhodesia at glamis stadium salisbury???? - bloody hell ive not seen these in ages

I def remember being in like a gym hall and millions of the fvckers on sale - but im going senile anywone else remember these?

Never bought a prog on ebay or online but i did get my date of birth programme last year for my birthday (we won ) and i was born at 3:05PM that day and guess what we scored a goal on 5 mins. Like that prog got it framed in my man cave
    We played South Rhodesia in 1963 twice.
    One v South Rhodesia and one against South Rhodesia Invational XI

Funny enough Dundee also played South Rhodesia in 1953.

Good programme to have.

yeah having a peak on arab archive as never really matched the progs to games

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    We played South Rhodesia in 1963 twice.
    One v South Rhodesia and one against South Rhodesia Invational XI

Funny enough Dundee also played South Rhodesia in 1953.

Good programme to have.
    Interesting to know that!!!

played north rhodesia June 1963 too on a tour. We played south FOUR times in space of 2 weeks - 2-1, 1-1, 3-0 and 2-3

my programme was last game and only loss fvcking typical

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I think this https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=2406 is the game. Nothing stands out, unless its something in particular about the Peter McKay goal?
    When the Scottish Cup meant a lot to people, over 26,000 at the match

I have vague recollections of attending at least one programme fair or . . . thing . . . in the very early 70s with my older brother, might even have been late 60s. I'd thought it was somewhere in the arcade that was under the Caird Hall (Champion the Wonder Horse territory). But this is a hazy memory, I couldn't swear to where it was.
    But green with envy of anyone with any 1950s programmes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)