+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notts get some money

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Funnily enough I haven't seen the Boreham Wood Chairman moaning about having to re-mortgage his house again lately probably because the Governent have just paid it off for him.
    And what a coincidence that the sports minister’s constituency just happens to include - who’d have guessed it? - Boreham Wood. What was the point of submitting data when they just went for a “two-size fits all” approach for each league?

I think that amount will see us through and I'm happy that it appears to be enough to stop other clubs in the league from potentially going under.

Just means Notts have been shafted

The more I reflect on this the more irritated I get.

One thing I'm going to do to help is not to pay for streams for away games but to pay the extra for the home feeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Just means Notts have been shafted
    Just remember that viewpoint next time anyone complains that the top Premiership clubs are being greedy hanging on to their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Just remember that viewpoint next time anyone complains that the top Premiership clubs are being greedy hanging on to their money.
    The two things are completely different. National League sides were told to submit data showing their lost gate receipts based on last season’s attendances. Upon receipt of these, the National League decided to do something very simplistic and divide clubs into four groups. Small teams are now better off than before; bigger teams are much worse off - how on Earth is that logical or in keeping with the original concept? It stinks and clubs like Notts are right to be aggrieved (to put it mildly).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12