+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts get some money

Notts get some money

Seven former Football League clubs will each receive £95,000-a-month as a result of the Government’s decision to offer financial assistance to National League clubs.

The National League will receive £10m from the National Lottery to help them get through the coronavirus pandemic, which has forced matches to be played behind closed doors.

The League has now decided its distribution model, with the first lot of funds due to be paid next week.

Under the plan, Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Notts County, Stockport County, Torquay, Wrexham and Yeovil will get the most due to their higher average attendances. The other 16 clubs in the National League will receive £84,000-a-month.

Quote Originally Posted by calmpie View Post
    Seven former Football League clubs will each receive £95,000-a-month as a result of the Government’s decision to offer financial assistance to National League clubs.

The National League will receive £10m from the National Lottery to help them get through the coronavirus pandemic, which has forced matches to be played behind closed doors.

The League has now decided its distribution model, with the first lot of funds due to be paid next week.

Under the plan, Chesterfield, Hartlepool, Notts County, Stockport County, Torquay, Wrexham and Yeovil will get the most due to their higher average attendances. The other 16 clubs in the National League will receive £84,000-a-month.
    That's really good news. Also £84k per month for most of this league will be like winning the lottery!

95k + the streaming revenue would almost make up for the lost income from having supporters in the ground. Especially when offset against the costs of having fans in attendance. Pretty good move IMO

I think the allocation is very unfair to the bigger clubs. Notts average crowd was 3x the average of the smaller clubs. Yet the compensation is just 13% higher. The smaller clubs appear to be getting almost fully compensated for lost gate receipts (assuming 3 home matches per month at an average of 1500 fans) whereas the NL are saying you're on you own really to Notts and the other bigger clubs.

I know its not easy for anyone, but again the NL show their small mindedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post
    I think the allocation is very unfair to the bigger clubs. Notts average crowd was 3x the average of the smaller clubs. Yet the compensation is just 13% higher. The smaller clubs appear to be getting almost fully compensated for lost gate receipts (assuming 3 home matches per month at an average of 1500 fans) whereas the NL are saying you're on you own really to Notts and the other bigger clubs.

They used the Duckworth-Lewis method to decide the allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by Evesham Pie View Post

I’m sure Notts will lose more than anyone else from this. We had the biggest average attendance last season - pretty much double Torquay’s, for example (5,210 against Torquay’s 2,609), but are receiving the same amount. Boreham Wood’s average last season was a staggering 724, yet they only receive £11,000 less? Bizarre. Doesn’t look like the National League spent much time sweating the details - what a surprise!

Be interesting to hear what Jason Turner has to say about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    They used the Duckworth-Lewis method to decide the allocation.
    It's not cricket !

Saw a post on Twitter from someone who'd done the maths. According to them Boreham Wood are getting over £116 per missing spectator and Notts about £18...(based on last season's average attendances)

Top 5
    Boreham Wood £116.02
    Hungerford Town £92.02
    Oxford City £84.99
    Wealdstone £81.55
    Weymouth £78.80

Bottom 5
    Notts County £18.23
    Chester £17.83
    Hereford £17.60
    Dulwich Hamlet £16.41
    York City £13.31

Link to Tweet
    Last edited by SwalePie; 21-10-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Saw a post on Twitter from someone who'd done the maths. According to them Boreham Wood are getting over £116 per missing spectator and Notts about £18...(based on last season's average attendances)

Top 5
    Boreham Wood £116.02
    Hungerford Town £92.02
    Oxford City £84.99
    Wealdstone £81.55
    Weymouth £78.80

Bottom 5
    Notts County £18.23
    Chester £17.83
    Hereford £17.60
    Dulwich Hamlet £16.41
    York City £13.31

Link to Tweet
    Funnily enough I haven't seen the Boreham Wood Chairman moaning about having to re-mortgage his house again lately probably because the Governent have just paid it off for him.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Funnily enough I haven't seen the Boreham Wood Chairman moaning about having to re-mortgage his house again lately probably because the Governent have just paid it off for him.

Yep. Funny that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast