+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking a knee?

Hopefully Nelms doesn't bring back the army parades either

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Hopefully Nelms doesn't bring back the army parades either
    I don't see a problem with them. It was just so misguided to have one when The The Rangers and their frothing hoards were on site. That was for the hoards and not for us or any military charity.

We have previously had a Show Racism the Red Card day where the players held up a red card prior to the start of the game.
    In my opinion the Football authorities throughout the whole of the U.K. should get together and state that there will be one final weekend
    where the players from every club throughout the UK will have a Show Racism the Red Card day.
    Then things would get back to normal with not taking the knee before the kickoff.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 21-10-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    We have previously had a Show Racism the Red Card day where the players held up a red card prior to the start of the game.
    In my opinion the Football authorities throughout the whole of the U.K. should get together and state that there will be one final weekend
    where the players from every club throughout the UK will have a Show Racism the Red Card day.
    Then things would get back to normal with not taking the knee before the kickoff.
    Politics should be kept out of football, after all it’s kept out of you don’t agree with the big message.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I don't see a problem with them. It was just so misguided to have one when The The Rangers and their frothing hoards were on site. That was for the hoards and not for us or any military charity.
    Dundee aren't a militaristic club, shouldn't be having parades.

are there any militaristic clubs?

What's a militaristic club? Last one I can think of was CSKA Moscow but pretty sure they've moved on since the red army days.

What's a militaristic club? Last one I can think of was CSKA Moscow but pretty sure they've moved on since the red army days.
    I thought maybe Steau Bucharest. Struggled after that

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    are there any militaristic clubs?
    well, there's one which has an annual jamboree including big blow-up cannons and soldiers abseiling from the stands, and another one which won WWI single-handed. Although good to acknowledge local people who are serving, free entry and a free peh should be it

See above

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)