+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking a knee?

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Don’t think it’s a well done thing, taking the knee has never been a thing in the French league.

It’s been said their players were showing respect for the murdered teacher instead.

The taking the knee thing could become highly controversial in future, if other political statements are not allowed it will show that politics in football is ok only if you are agreeing with some higher authorities opinion.
    It's controversial now.

Kneeling for an organisation that wants to impose Marxism on the world, kill whitey and blue lives don't matter mantra.

I think there will be a few who will have their say when we get back in Dens if it's still on going.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's controversial now.

Kneeling for an organisation that wants to impose Marxism on the world, kill whitey and blue lives don't matter mantra.

I think there will be a few who will have their say when we get back in Dens if it's still on going.
    The problem is that the first football players in the U.K. that decide to stop taking the knee will be pilloried by the left wing liberals on social media.
    In my opinion the football authorities throughout the U.K. had the golden opportunity last week to state that all football clubs under their jurisdiction this weekend would be showing Racism the Red Card and they would no longer be taking the knee before football matches.
    However as usual they bottled it.

Look at it this way.
    Why did this start in the UK-due to George Floyd death in the USA.
    Do they as a team kneel before every NFL game, the biggest league in the usa-no.
    Why are dundee and morton feeling the need then?
    World's gone mad.
    Watched the trump tweet programme and he was getting pelters for not renaming the US bases named after confederate military!!!
    Ffs these bases have been named for decades so why didn't the 1st black president see to this??
    Mental.
    I actually think they shud be renamed but it's hardly trumps fault.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Look at it this way.
    Why did this start in the UK-due to George Floyd death in the USA.
    Do they as a team kneel before every NFL game, the biggest league in the usa-no.
    Why are dundee and morton feeling the need then?
    World's gone mad.
    Watched the trump tweet programme and he was getting pelters for not renaming the US bases named after confederate military!!!
    Ffs these bases have been named for decades so why didn't the 1st black president see to this??
    Mental.
    I actually think they shud be renamed but it's hardly trumps fault.
    Pay attention at the back.....everything is The Donalds fault.😁

Last Sunday I watched a programme abut the US tennis player Arthur Ashe which I had recorded several months ago.
    The programme had been produced in 2015.
    Near the end of the programme a coloured person was interviewed who said that racism had got worse in America during Barrack Obama’s presidency.
    However nobody mentions that because it is easier to have a ‘pop’ at Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Last Sunday I watched a programme abut the US tennis player Arthur Ashe which I had recorded several months ago.
    The programme had been produced in 2015.
    Near the end of the programme a coloured person was interviewed who said that racism had got worse in America during Barrack Obama’s presidency.
    However nobody mentions that because it is easier to have a ‘pop’ at Donald Trump.
    You're allowed to say 'black' or 'person of colour' but not 'coloured'.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Thank you your information.
    I was not sure what to say so I posted a ‘middle of the road’ word.

Lenny Henry dosent want "white saviours" contributing to comic relief.

Thankfully I don't and won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Lenny Henry dosent want "white saviours" contributing to comic relief.

Thankfully I don't and won't.
    And I'm proud to say I never have

Who decides ?? Is there a committee ??

If there is a committee, they must have an agenda, haven't seen that in the media ?

In the meantime, I'll pick the colour.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)