+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Taking a knee?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Nicola Sturgeon has been done up like a kipper by the british establishment, no doubt about it.

But it's distracting the masses from no-deal Brexit so job done.
    So do you suggest we bend over and take what ever the EU offer us, remember a no deal is as bad for them as it is for us, we voted to leave and we’re doing so, we have to get best deal for uk if it means no deal then so be it

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's great to see. West ham fans did the same.

Millwall FC have now rejected the knee as les Ferdinand (these people don't represent me) and qpr have done all season.

A criminal junkie getting killed by a policeman thousands of miles away has nothing to do with championship football in England.

Marxism has always been rejected, no one wants it apart from the brain dead non thinkers.

Great to see England fighting back unlike the bowed and broken country we live in.....at the moment.😁
    I wont stay on here as i know im not welcome. BUT that is post of the year for me. Agree 100% Millwall and WHUFC get it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Agree that without covid we would be discussing Brexit a lot more. Just as a matter of interest if tariffs are applied who gets the money. Might it be a cash raising tax for Britain? If we buy more from Europe than they buy from us maybe the tariffs will generate more tax. We as consumers will obviously have to pay more but everyone says taxes will need to rise.
    It's hard to believe there has been so much chat about the damage to the economy from necessary lockdown restrictions but the main players are saying nothing about unnecessary and catastrophic no-deal brexit. The UK treasury will collect money from import tariffs but it'll be the UK consumer paying it. Moronic tory MPs and brexiters are claiming it's the EU suppliers who suffer the tariffs, which seems to go unchallenged by the state broadcaster. The major issue though is export tariffs which will destroy the UK businesses who will lose orders across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    So do you suggest we bend over and take what ever the EU offer us, remember a no deal is as bad for them as it is for us, we voted to leave and we’re doing so, we have to get best deal for uk if it means no deal then so be it
    The oven-ready deal, remember that, is what the EU are negotiating on the basis of, they're not offering/demanding anything that isn't in the WA. It's spin from johnson and his clowns backed up by the tory-controlled BBC so they can blame the EU. What personal benefit are you expecting from brexit? You live in Scotland, you don't run a hedge-fund as far as I can tell, you're not a millionaire with hidden offshore accounts, so what is it?

It's hard to believe there has been so much chat about the damage to the economy from necessary lockdown restrictions but the main players are saying nothing about unnecessary and catastrophic no-deal brexit. The UK treasury will collect money from import tariffs but it'll be the UK consumer paying it. Moronic tory MPs and brexiters are claiming it's the EU suppliers who suffer the tariffs, which seems to go unchallenged by the state broadcaster. The major issue though is export tariffs which will destroy the UK businesses who will lose orders across the board.
    The point is that if the British government collects the import tariffs that is revenue they can use to reduce their budget deficit. Tariffs were at the core of the America First campaign and were understood to be an attempt to keep jobs in the US. It is possible that the Europeans might take a similar attitude for the same reasons. They will not want to encourage the British to apply tariffs to everything that they export to us. We buy more from them so there might be more pressure on them to keep their tariffs low.

If we don't import finished goods to the same extent we might encourage British manufacturers to produce for the home market and boost jobs here.

All we read about from the Green lobby is cutting food miles etc. Maybe Brexit will be good for the ordinary working person. Given that everyone accepts that taxes will rise maybe tariffs could make a contribution to the tax take.

The trouble will be that this type of tax will put up prices and those who are on fixed incomes will suffer.

Our political class have lost sight of the duty to govern fairly. They are all interested in party politics rather than sorting out the right thing to do IMO.

I have read reports that Felixstow Container port is a disaster area
    Ships are going elsewhere, even European ports. This is something that has been exacerbated by covid, and a desire to stock up prior to the conclusion of the Brexit process. There must be an element caused by the failure to conclude the trade agreement.

I think we should stick to the mantra of keep our laws, fishing grounds etc and go straight to WTO terms. It's a recognised system for international trade and we could get on with trying to trade with the rest of the world.

The oven-ready deal, remember that, is what the EU are negotiating on the basis of, they're not offering/demanding anything that isn't in the WA. It's spin from johnson and his clowns backed up by the tory-controlled BBC so they can blame the EU. What personal benefit are you expecting from brexit? You live in Scotland, you don't run a hedge-fund as far as I can tell, you're not a millionaire with hidden offshore accounts, so what is it?
    Tend not to get involved in the political discussions and actually agree with a lot of your post. BUT, "tory-controlled BBC" you have to be having a laugh. The BBC is actively biased against the tories and almost extremely left leaning in its editorial and views. You only have to watch Question Time to see the bias and it is because of this bias that I don't watch QT and rarely watch BBC news content.

No-one from the Leave campaign, the likes of self-interested arseholes like Gove, Johnson and Mogg ever said the UK would be anything other than much better off after Brexit, as the single market and customs union would continue, there would be a deal, oven-ready, and Britain would retain its sovereignty over the fish no-one wants to eat. Yet even now, Benny Hill is lying through his teeth about an 'Australia' deal, which is not even going to happen, as it's no deal and tariffs on everything when Australia has deals in place for certain products.

Benny is going to do what his controllers have told him to do and then he'll be scrabbling around for a deal in January once they've all cashed in.
    Last edited by Taintedice; 11-12-2020 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    Tend not to get involved in the political discussions and actually agree with a lot of your post. BUT, "tory-controlled BBC" you have to be having a laugh. The BBC is actively biased against the tories and almost extremely left leaning in its editorial and views. You only have to watch Question Time to see the bias and it is because of this bias that I don't watch QT and rarely watch BBC news content.
    The tories have controlled the BBC since the Cameron days when he started putting cronies at the top. In Scotland, the BBC platform Douglas Ross several times a day, where he is allowed to say anything he wants without rebuttal. Question Time is actually made by a 3rd-party rather than in-house, most right-wing programme on the box at the moment, which is why I never watch it

The tories have controlled the BBC since the Cameron days when he started putting cronies at the top. In Scotland, the BBC platform Douglas Ross several times a day, where he is allowed to say anything he wants without rebuttal. Question Time is actually made by a 3rd-party rather than in-house, most right-wing programme on the box at the moment, which is why I never watch it
    I think Question time is totally the opposite but hey everyone is entitled to their opinion. Your views and mine are so opposite it reminds of the D C Thomson debate. We think DCT's are biased against us and very pro United. The DABs think the total opposite. They are wrong, though.

No-one from the Leave campaign, the likes of self-interested arseholes like Gove, Johnson and Mogg ever said the UK would be anything other than much better off after Brexit, as the single market and customs union would continue, there would be a deal, oven-ready, and Britain would retain its sovereignty over the fish no-one wants to eat. Yet even now, Benny Hill is lying through his teeth about an 'Australia' deal, which is not even going to happen, as it's no deal and tariffs on everything when Australia has deals in place for certain products.

Benny is going to do what his controllers have told him to do and then he'll be scrabbling around for a deal in January once they've all cashed in.
    I am sorry Taintedice to say that I think you are making stuff to suit your agenda. Nobody ever said that Brexit was an immediate step into a promised land. Everyone said that a no deal Brexit would make things difficult. The Conservative politicians you name have always said that they wanted a trade deal and they have said that they would only use WTO services if a sensible trade deal will not be agreed. Everyone knows that the "same deal as Australia has" is a way of describing the WTO terms in an easy to understand way. It simply means that the EU trades with Australia and there is no great mystery about it.
    As for the tariffs it depends on what the EU decide to charge us. If they take a hard line then I would expect that there will be considerable support for the same treatment to be dished out to EU suppliers. You may be really cross that Britain voted to leave the EU but your side lost the argument and when the country was given a second chance to scupper the Brexit process it did precisely the opposite.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)