+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Looking for photographs of the long gone Chemist Lane

O/T Looking for photographs of the long gone Chemist Lane

Im doing a bit of a nostalgia project and wondered if any Madsters had a photograph of the long gone Chemist Lane ? ( Masboro/ Thornhill) It was my early childhood home and Ive contacted relatives and scoured the Web but Ive not had any success.

Ive found pictures of pubs at both ends of the road ( The Carters Rest and Effingham Arms ( Kingfisher? ) but none of the actual street.

A long shot but you never know .
    Last edited by CAMiller; 21-10-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Lincs, found you some. Go into google and just type 'photographs of chemist lane in rotherham' look at the bottom of those images and it says
    'More Photographs Of Chemist Lane In Rotherham images, click on that and I think you'll find on the top row pictures 3, 4 and 5 are Chemist Lane. Let me know if these are correct.

Scrap that pal, they are pictures of Psalters lane. I'll try looking some more for you.

Lincs, have a go at contacting Colin Pearson at picturesofengland.com. He seems to have added a lot of old Rotherham photo's to that particular site.

There is still a Chemist Lane in Roth. A shirt road leading up to Charlie Brown. Is it the same road.

Can't help with photos but this link might help you piece something together.

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/prin...layers=168&b=1

Thanks for the replies guys. Brin, Tried Pearson and Friths to no avail. WCM, your right about the short stretch of the street still in existence.
    Is the Kingfisher still standing?
    I understand Rotherham Archives are now in the museum in Clifton park. going to book a visit when next in Rotherham . ( covid allowing)

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. Brin, Tried Pearson and Friths to no avail. WCM, your right about the short stretch of the street still in existence.
    I understand Rotherham Archives are now in the museum in Clifton park. going to book a visit when next in Rotherham . ( covid allowing)
    Lincs, I've already thought of the Clifton Museum and they are currently closed due to covid. We start a 28 day tier 3 shutdown from this Saturday, then it's a review. You'll probably be a long time before you get access there pal.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Kingfisher long gone Lincs
    Was a post match venue for me for a short time
    It was the "little" Effingham until 1991 and at that time one of the pubs in my games league in my dart playing days

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Can't help with photos but this link might help you piece something together.

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/prin...layers=168&b=1
    Brilliant link thanks Howdy.
    I love that there is a Google earth image hidden underneath the map and that you can change the transparency of the map to reveal what is there now - great stuff.
    I note that there is Millmoor Lane on the map, and Millmoor Cottage and Millmoor Brass Works, but no football ground.
    Also, of course, The "New York" area

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast