+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This Really A Football Forum?

Is This Really A Football Forum?

It would be interesting to know what percentage of posts on this forum are actually about our beloved football club as opposed to all the other stuff in the forum called 'Dees Banter'. I notice other clubs under the Footymad banner have more than one sub forum under their clubs name. A question to the Administrators. Could you not open up a second sub forum for all the political stuff, depressing Covid threads, threads about Trump, Boris etc. etc.? I'm not saying ban such stuff but I for one come onto this site to see contributions about Dundee F C and not all the political/Covid/non football stuff. In fact, in these depressing times, I want to see things and contributions about Dundee F C to react to and take my mind off all the 'other stuff'. In fact having to sift through all the non football stuff actively puts me off reading and contributing to the forum. This is not a criticism
    of any posters just my opinion on the matter with a proposed solution!

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    It would be interesting to know what percentage of posts on this forum are actually about our beloved football club as opposed to all the other stuff in the forum called 'Dees Banter'. I notice other clubs under the Footymad banner have more than one sub forum under their clubs name. A question to the Administrators. Could you not open up a second sub forum for all the political stuff, depressing Covid threads, threads about Trump, Boris etc. etc.? I'm not saying ban such stuff but I for one come onto this site to see contributions about Dundee F C and not all the political/Covid/non football stuff. In fact, in these depressing times, I want to see things and contributions about Dundee F C to react to and take my mind off all the 'other stuff'. In fact having to sift through all the non football stuff actively puts me off reading and contributing to the forum. This is not a criticism
    of any posters just my opinion on the matter with a proposed solution!
    There is another place where they don't discuss this stuff......not that I like advertising it as they are petty intolerant ****s who don't admit an error or rectify it.😁

This is a forum and can be whatever people want it to be.

If there's something you want to talk about, start a thread, I'll more than likely throw in my tuppencworth if I can overcome my shyness.😎

mon the Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    There is another place where they don't discuss this stuff......not that I like advertising it as they are petty intolerant ****s who don't admit an error or rectify it.��

If there's something you want to talk about, start a thread, I'll more than likely throw in my tuppencworth if I can overcome my shyness.��
    is that the one wi the match reports from someone listening tae the radio

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    There is another place where they don't discuss this stuff......not that I like advertising it as they are petty intolerant ****s who don't admit an error or rectify it.��

If there's something you want to talk about, start a thread, I'll more than likely throw in my tuppencworth if I can overcome my shyness.��
    Presumably you mean the Dark Blues site. I also post on that site but had to go and look to see if you are right regarding whether they discuss such stuff. They do to a much lesser extent and it is tucked away from the football stuff of a General Chat sub forum. So far tucked away that I have been able to post, read and enjoy the football content without seeing the albeit limited other stuff. Carry on posting, I am not suggesting otherwise, but it is a football forum and such a small alteration to the set up of the forums doesn't seem unreasonable.

Presumably you mean the Dark Blues site. I also post on that site but had to go and look to see if you are right regarding whether they discuss such stuff. They do to a much lesser extent and it is tucked away from the football stuff of a General Chat sub forum. So far tucked away that I have been able to post, read and enjoy the football content without seeing the albeit limited other stuff. Carry on posting, I am not suggesting otherwise, but it is a football forum and such a small alteration to the set up of the forums doesn't seem unreasonable.
    Not disagreeing but if you post enough football stuff the other stuff will take a back seat......it's your forum.

Remember as well it's a difficult time to discuss football when none happens for 7 months.

As i say though I'd encourage anyone to start a thread on anything they want about DFC.

Quote Originally Posted by _JG_ View Post
    is that the one wi the match reports from someone listening tae the radio
    I have 100% categoric proof......that it is.

I too post on the other forum. I think this simple list format works on here because if a topic does not get replies it drops off the front page. The other forum has pinned topics that seem to me to restrict the number of threads that you can see and non football stuff is often just so slow moving it can be days before there is a response. As Rross says if you want to post football based topics go for it. There also seems to be a more tolerant regime on this forum. It is just a forum and you can have fairly robust disagreements. The alternative is the moderator approach on the other forum, which can make it difficult to post because posters with strong views can be censored.
    I think both forums work well if differently.

I'm still waiting on islay's threads on flu jabs and smoke alarms

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I'm still waiting on islay's threads on flu jabs and smoke alarms
    I only found out about the compulsory introduction of smoke alarms by February 2021 (now February 2022) last week when I got a mail shot delivered to our house.
    My wife and I get a flu jab and to date we have had no problems. However I know two people who have suffered a bad reaction to their initial flu jab and they no longer get one.
    There is no guarantee that the flu jab will work. The boffins have to second guess 18 months in advance which flu virus will hit the U.K. each winter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)