+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt crooks

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Iv watched every game so far and for me at the moment he doesn't deserve to start a game.

He been poor /anonymous and not in a good way
    Only game Ive seen this season is the second half at Forest. Crooks has a tough gig playing at the top of the midfield trying to link up with Ladapo when we get the ball.

The problem we had second half was we didnt see much of the ball. And, when we did get it, we went long to clear the lines up to Ladapo or in the chanel. Difficult for Crook to influence the game when the ball keep flying over his head.

Sometimes you have to keep playing certain players and hope they play themselves into form which is what I suspect they are doing in this case.There has to be a limit though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Sometimes you have to keep playing certain players and hope they play themselves into form which is what I suspect they are doing in this case.There has to be a limit though!
    I think that is indeed the management's plan Jimmy. Crook's head appears to have been turned in the summer by the Notts Forest interest and the death of his best mate really hit him hard (as you'd expect). The hope is that he just gradually plays himself back into form. The balance of course is that that plan must not come at too big an expense of the team and its performances/results. Who'd be a manager, eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I think that is indeed the management's plan Jimmy. Crook's head appears to have been turned in the summer by the Notts Forest interest and the death of his best mate really hit him hard (as you'd expect). The hope is that he just gradually plays himself back into form. The balance of course is that that plan must not come at too big an expense of the team and its performances/results. Who'd be a manager, eh!
    Would it hurt to take him off though?
    Seeing that there is other business going on with his best mates family then maybe he needs a a bit of a rest

What is it that you guys want from Crooks?

First and foremost to be happy with himself, if his head is elsewhere then step back and take a rest and regroup/re evaluate himself. No one will blame him for doing that but, he has to be honest and ask himself, 'am I playing to the best of my ability?'

Get back to the standard of football we all know he can deliver, like the Oxford game as someone has already pointed out. This lad has immense talent but he needs to focus and quick as he is showing how not to play and deliver. His personal turmoil must be heartbreaking still for him and we understand that. What Matt may probably need is professional help/advice out of football to discuss his personal issues.

We all know what he is capable of bringing to the team, we just want out old Matt Crooks back. I hope the lad turns a corner and is soon back to himself. Good luck to him.

Crooks only weaknesses are that sometimes he is a bit sloppy with passes and sometimes gives needless fouls away. If he can cut out some of these things he is one heck of a player ie strong, deceptively quick, an eye for a goal. He has a presence in midfield but he needs to maintain that and not disappear from games. If you are a midfielder in the championship, no matter how talented, and you see this tank like character lining up against you, you must be a bit intimidated by him.

Has he really been that bad?
    Personally I think he’s done no worse than any of the other players.
    He’s looked good in patches and average in others.
    That could be said about the whole team.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    What is it that you guys want from Crooks?
    You keep asking this Frog, don’t you think he is struggling.?

We know from previous what he can do, imo some of his fouls where laughable from the ref but let’s be honest Crooks does some silly challenges
    He needs to calm down and concentrate on his game

Never rated Crooks from 1st time he came on as substitute at the NYS. He just doesn't look an athlete to me. That's what footballers are I always thought athletes.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast