+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt crooks

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Has he really been that bad?
    Personally I think he’s done no worse than any of the other players.
    He’s looked good in patches and average in others.
    That could be said about the whole team.
    Not saying he’s bad but definitely lacking concentration which is letting the team down imo
    Like I’ve said; I don’t have a problem him starting but take him off when needed
    Norwich for me was a game he could’ve come off
    Maybe also Forest, what did he do apart from fouling?

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Has he really been that bad?
    Personally I think he’s done no worse than any of the other players.
    He’s looked good in patches and average in others.
    That could be said about the whole team.
    He isn't playing great, but I wouldn't say he's been THAT bad either, I thought he had a decent game against Norwich but has been pretty quiet in the rest. I think he set such high standards last season that now he's dipped below it, people are probably thinking he's playing worse than he actually is, and I include myself in that before anyone thinks I'm having a go.

In my opinion the level of opposition is catching up with him, for now, he has to up his game, the little things he got away with last season he isn’t. He always has a mixed control of the ball, with It often running away from him, but he often got it back. So the difference this season is that at the moment his best bits aren’t happening ! Two things he has control over and must improve on are I, stop pushing people in the back and giving free kicks away, 2, tighten up his passing, less flamboyance and more accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    In my opinion the level of opposition is catching up with him, for now, he has to up his game, the little things he got away with last season he isn’t. He always has a mixed control of the ball, with It often running away from him, but he often got it back. So the difference this season is that at the moment his best bits aren’t happening ! Two things he has control over and must improve on are I, stop pushing people in the back and giving free kicks away, 2, tighten up his passing, less flamboyance and more accuracy.
    Think he should know what the championship is about seeing that he’s been there and actually played better than what he’s doing now

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    The little push in the back, or the non so subtle tug of an opponents shirt are becoming more prevalent from Crooksy. These, in my opinion, are little niggles born out of frustration. Hes not stupid: he knows hes out of form.

As others have said, it may be time to just give him head space. Nobody's saying get shut of him (well, perhaps one poster is), but just take him out of the heat of battle for a short while. We need everyone in the team to be fit and firing.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Never rated Crooks from 1st time he came on as substitute at the NYS. He just doesn't look an athlete to me. That's what footballers are I always thought athletes.
    Now I understand we dont all think the same about certain players gru and we all have every right to voice an opinion we believe in, but just to clarify, you thought Lamy was one of the best players we have had? and you dont, and never have, rated Crooks?

I'm sure this is a wind up🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Now I understand we dont all think the same about certain players gru and we all have every right to voice an opinion we believe in, but just to clarify, you thought Lamy was one of the best players we have had? and you dont, and never have, rated Crooks?

I'm sure this is a wind up��
    Gru made an instant judgment after their first games that Crooks was crap, and that Lamy was brilliant. He will stick with both those opinions until the day he dies just to save face, no matter how daft he makes himself look. He called for Crooks to be dropped after every game last season.

Never rated Crooks from 1st time he came on as substitute at the NYS. He just doesn't look an athlete to me. That's what footballers are I always thought athletes.
    Warney boys are athletes. Warney is always going on about having athletic players.I thought you didn't like Warney boys gwru so by that logic you can't like athletic footballers...keep it consistent owd lad
    Last edited by rolymiller; 22-10-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Do you have this on auto type?

He's been described by our coaching staff as the fittest in the squad.
    Do you have his match data? Where can you get that from?

I know what you mean. Not a great running style. Wouldnt pick him out at Tattersalls.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast