+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Matt crooks

The team is doing well gm so there is no scapegoat.

Crooks just isn't performing has become a bit of a passenger in my eyes isn't offering much to the team.

We need 11 men on it every week this season.

In all my years watching the Millers I’ve noticed that the fans always need a scapegoat, never a general “the team was crap” it’s always an individual player that gets singled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    In all my years watching the Millers I’ve noticed that the fans always need a scapegoat, never a general “the team was crap” it’s always an individual player that gets singled out.
    Grist can't people just think someone is not performing??

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Of course you can Welovebooth. Nothing wrong with that but people have the same right to defend the same player.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    First and foremost to be happy with himself, if his head is elsewhere then step back and take a rest and regroup/re evaluate himself. No one will blame him for doing that but, he has to be honest and ask himself, 'am I playing to the best of my ability?'

Get back to the standard of football we all know he can deliver, like the Oxford game as someone has already pointed out. This lad has immense talent but he needs to focus and quick as he is showing how not to play and deliver. His personal turmoil must be heartbreaking still for him and we understand that. What Matt may probably need is professional help/advice out of football to discuss his personal issues.

We all know what he is capable of bringing to the team, we just want out old Matt Crooks back. I hope the lad turns a corner and is soon back to himself. Good luck to him.
    Well if there is a need for professional advice, then PW is one of those managers who would recognise that.

Said it before constructive criticism is fine. But let's get behind the lad, and the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Yes indeed but once the criticism starts it's carried on when not valid anymore, often by people that don't attend matches nor watching on ifollow, they just jump on the bandwagon.

Also in Crook's case there are thoughts that he's first choice no matter how he plays

We have some very talented midfield players and there will be strong competition for that shirt.Crooks is one of these players and he will play a major part in our success this season.Warney has a number of options and the squad rotation will be used quite regularly with two games a week.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    We have some very talented midfield players and there will be strong competition for that shirt.Crooks is one of these players and he will play a major part in our success this season.Warney has a number of options and the squad rotation will be used quite regularly with two games a week.
    I’ve said it before on another thread about Crooksy, this is a different level and he is being asked to play differently in this league which doesn’t allow him the freedom he had in league one. Best way to describe that is to watch him when he doesn’t have the ball compared to last season

I'm more than happy to leave it to PW's judgement as to whether he deserves to play

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast