+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tonight's game at Stoke

Like a few people have said, last night was two points dropped upon reflection - regardless of whether we would have taken a point before kick off. To summarise what I watched last night I'd say the following;
    1. General set up and play seems more positive and people playing in their "correct" positions (in the most).
    2. Just before the first goal Murray decided to swap around the back three even though it was working, and he moved Anderson to the middle of the three (sweeping). The first goal came from Helik sliding in and missing the ball, and Anderson not being switched on to cover him. That's your job if you're playing in the middle of three centre halves. Murray swapped them back round afterwards so he obviously realised the mistake!
    3. Second goal is just an error and this kind of thing happens. Jack deserves one for free due to his previous performances and needs to bounce back.
    4. Woodrow looked sharper and hungrier than recent weeks and probably had his best game for a number of months. He just needs to be regimented in staying in the centre forward position.
    5. We all know it but I'll say it again - we need a plan B striking option that offers something different. With a big strong forward we could have peppered the box for the last 10-15mins last night, but we simply haven't got that option.

Overall it was a positive that we didn't lose, but it's extremely frustrating when it's clear what needs addressing yet the board don't seem to want to deal with it

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Odoor should have scored 2 , Mowatt shyte, Palmer played well , Cauley looked good , decent performance , should have won , could have lost , it's a point , we only need another 49pts for safety ! Shyte commentary
    Commentary was (and usually is) horrendous! Made me laugh when he was praising Adam Davies for keeping Jack Butland out of the team . . . . . . not hard considering the latter plays for Crystal Palace now

Also saying Kane on loan from Liverpool

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234