+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you think

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I've stayed in the country since lockdown, but my friend who works in F1, says that different countries and different airports within one country, Germany amongst them, have totally different checks on entering the country.

They compare notes, when they arrive at the circuits.
    My eldest is a a freight pilot and flies all over Europe. He also sees different regulations all over the place.

At some airports, he lands, freight is unloaded and loaded and he flies off to the next destination. Turnround time of an hour or less. They don't leave the plane except for the pre flight walk round they have to perform at every take off, even if he has landed the same plane just 30 minutes earlier. There are airports where he has no Covid checks. There are others where they have their temperature taken. If it's over the "border" temperature for that country (some as low as 38, others up to 0.8 higher) he would have to quarantine for however many days that country specifies, anything between 7 and 14.

At others they have layovers of anything between 8 hours and 3 days. Wherever he is, one thing stays the same. A taxi picks them up at the plane, takes them to the hotel. At the end of the layover a taxi picks them up and takes them directly to the plane, airside. Where it differs is what happens at the hotel.

At some, they check in, go to their room and have to stay there till it's time to fly. Some of those hotels have security staff on each floor to make sure you don't leave the room. At others, they have the freedom of the hotel but can't leave the hotel. At others they are free to tour the city. At one layover, a lad we know, also born in our village, lives there. My lad can't visit his mate at his home but his mate can visit him at the hotel.....

A hotch potch of different rules wherever he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I've stayed in the country since lockdown, but my friend who works in F1, says that different countries and different airports within one country, Germany amongst them, have totally different checks on entering the country.
    And yet oddly the pre travel demands were exactly the same. Prior to leaving for Spain we were told we would need to download the QR codes onto iPads, phones or paper before entering the country.
    Sure enough, on arrival between passport control and the luggage consoles, they were all checked.
    Told exactly the same thing prior to returning to the UK. We dutifully complied but no checks were made and neither did there appear to be any facility to do so.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-10-2020 at 08:04 AM.

Just a tip if you fill out a health form ,don't put your landline number down . I was checked for the third time last night at 22-05 . I've only been back four days

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Just a tip if you fill out a health form ,don't put your landline number down . I was checked for the third time last night at 22-05 . I've only been back four days
    Gives you 5 minutes to get back from the pub!

Anyone know the odds on us getting promoted? Stranger things have happened!

I think we are about 10-1 joint favourites for next season.....

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post

35/1 on betfair, more worryingly, only 10/3 for relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post

Anyone no the odds on us scoring a goal We only had one from open play and he's left us

Your a good citizen Mista, wonder how many Micky Mouses have reentered the country with non existent phone numbers? I'd have provided a mobile no.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Your a good citizen Mista, wonder how many Micky Mouses have reentered the country with non existent phone numbers? I'd have provided a mobile no.
    Swales I gave my mobile as well . Suppose they ring your landline because they know your not out and about They have not checked my wife at all yet

Swales I gave my mobile as well . Suppose they ring your landline because they know your not out and about They have not checked my wife at all yet
    If you don't give it they can't ring it, many don't have landlines these days anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)