+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will we spoil Ladapo,

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Selection is a trade off between defending and attack. I suspect Warnes first priority this season is that we do not become whipping boys of the League. Make sure we dont conceed and nick a couple at the other end.

To him credit hes done it really well to date - we've been in all games to the final whistle.

If we go to 2 up front we may conceed more. If we play one up front you pick your most prolific striker.*

If we go 442 and drop one of the front 2 back when we defend then do we either play a midfielder in that role (better defensively) or a striker?
    The thing is though, we are inviting attacks as we squash the midfield with five across it. Attack is the best form of defence in football and using 1 up front ain't working. The midfield and defence are grabbing us the odd point when in reality had we focused more up front we could have taken all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    What I have noticed in past couple of games is that ladapo actually has a bit if skill and a bit of play about him.

But no striker is going to score from direct open play on his own up front.
    Ivan Toney ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Ivan Toney ?
    Better fed balls to him though. We lack that finesse.

Ivan Toney? Can't stand him but loved him last neet just for the neet though!

Ladapo is a poacher imo

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Ivan Toney? Can't stand him but loved him last neet just for the neet though!
    He's doing me proud with my bet for the season as top championship scorer at 10/1.

Agree ideally he need someone like Smith to play alongside because he aint a target man. In saying that, I though he competed quite well against Florists centre backs on Tues. If he can hold his own a bit better against big CHS in this league he could still be a target man.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    He's doing me proud with my bet for the season as top championship scorer at 10/1.
    Won’t happen Brin

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Agree ideally he need someone like Smith to play alongside because he aint a target man. In saying that, I though he competed quite well against Florists centre backs on Tues. If he can hold his own a bit better against big CHS in this league he could still be a target man.
    He has done better than I though he would on his own but is poor at making the right decisions ! Does not see or Know when to pass, and has weak shots when a man is alone and in much better position, I wouldn’t mind anybody shooting but his are very weak !

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    The thing is though, we are inviting attacks as we squash the midfield with five across it. Attack is the best form of defence in football and using 1 up front ain't working. The midfield and defence are grabbing us the odd point when in reality had we focused more up front we could have taken all 3.
    I get what youre saying. But, equally, can see why Warne has done what he has. We conceeded 83 last time we played in the Championship and maybe it haunts him

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast