+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we spoil Ladapo,

Will we spoil Ladapo,

Playing line leader on his own,that's not his game plus he's not good enough to play that way.Play 4-4-1-1 with smith the front man.Oh & send Hirst back & bring Kayode back.

Thought that formation against Norwich was alright with him but the Forest one for me wasn’t working for him

Pick his games but still be better if we can find his partner

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Thought that formation against Norwich was alright with him but the Forest one for me wasn’t working for him

Pick his games but still be better if we can find his partner
    If we are playing well he fits in but when under the cosh he seems to get lost.I think we will be under the cosh Saturday so play him a little deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Playing line leader on his own,that's not his game plus he's not good enough to play that way.Play 4-4-1-1 with smith the front man.Oh & send Hirst back & bring Kayode back.
    I don't know why we even bother with the loan system because you can guarantee that within 10 minutes of a player arriving at NYS there will be someone saying 'send him back' Blackman, now Hirst and no doubt FloJo soon to follow, Was the same last year with Barlaser.

gru hasn't mentioned Hirst recently after he decided that he was a world beater based upon a seven minute cameo appearance for Leicester. Strange

To be honest Cam I saw Barlaser at Chesterfield preseason and told everyone how good he was then I ended up having to apologise for him until he really hit his straps. As for Hirst I think we need to play him.

What I have noticed in past couple of games is that ladapo actually has a bit if skill and a bit of play about him.

But no striker is going to score from direct open play on his own up front.

We must be the only team in this league and last season for that matter, that plays/played one up front on their own at home/away be it Smith last season or Ladapo, a poor over defensive tactic in my opinion. If Warne played 4 across the middle then fine but for gawds sake, DROP CROOKS!

I thought Lyndsey had a great game yesterday, eager to please, sometimes too much with his rash tackles but he chased lost causes and helped stop Forest progressing. Across the middle should be Millar, Sean Mac, Wiles and Jozefzoon and Lyndsey as cover but to start on the bench. Put Smith up front with Ladapo. Take the bloody game to the opposition and stop sitting so deep in the second half inviting an onslaught.

Freddie will score and more than Smith if given the correct service, we are simply not playing to his needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    We must be the only team in this league and last season for that matter, that plays/played one up front on their own at home/away be it Smith last season or Ladapo, a poor over defensive tactic in my opinion. If Warne played 4 across the middle then fine but for gawds sake, DROP CROOKS!

I thought Lyndsey had a great game yesterday, eager to please, sometimes too much with his rash tackles but he chased lost causes and helped stop Forest progressing. Across the middle should be Millar, Sean Mac, Wiles and Jozefzoon and Lyndsey as cover but to start on the bench. Put Smith up front with Ladapo. Take the bloody game to the opposition and stop sitting so deep in the second half inviting an onslaught.

Freddie will score and more than Smith if given the correct service, we are simply not playing to his needs.
    No Barlaser then Brin? Problem is we can't afford the luxury of 2 up top.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    No Barlaser then Brin? Problem is we can't afford the luxury of 2 up top.
    I've put him back in defence and dropped Ike

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast