+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coventry(away)predictions

Coventry(away)predictions

Pressure is starting to mount.
    A game we should win but will stutter to a draw.
    1-1

Coventry have started not too badly I think, but..

Coventry City 0 Rovers 2..

I fear that we will face massed defence.
    All the same I am very confident after the Watford game.
    In fact, I think TM can put in a couple of players with just that bit more skill, and risk conceding the odd goal.
    I'd try this team:
    Kaminski
    Nyambe Lenihan Williams Douglas
    Holtby Trybull Rankin-Costello
    Elliott Armstrong Brereton.

4-1 to Rovers.

I just can't see them not conceding. God knows, its tough to predict. If they are woeful, we may get something. If they are organised and half decent, they wont need to do much to get something. Our midfield will give them a big chance. Our defence will invite them in, our keeper could drop another clanger.
    Which Armstrong plays? The disinterested crap one? Or a decent one? Who cares, he plays no matter what, good bad or indifferent.

We already know after the opening 5/6 games, going and playing well means nothing.

1-1

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I just can't see them not conceding. God knows, its tough to predict. If they are woeful, we may get something. If they are organised and half decent, they wont need to do much to get something. Our midfield will give them a big chance. Our defence will invite them in, our keeper could drop another clanger.
    Which Armstrong plays? The disinterested crap one? Or a decent one? Who cares, he plays no matter what, good bad or indifferent.

We already know after the opening 5/6 games, going and playing well means nothing.
    Nonsense - Armstrong is not "crap"! He is frustrating and he doesn't quite have the instant decision-making ability of a top striker, but this is the Championship and he will get 10 or 12 goals.
    Meanwhile, exactly what kind of midfielders are you EXPECTING us to have?
    We can choose from Evans, Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell, Trybull, Travis, Rankin-Costello, Buckley, Davenport, Bennett, and - if we chuck the wingers in - Dolan, Elliott, Chapman.
    Holtby was superb on Wednesday. Evans and Johnson were steady - not awful.
    The fact is, we ARE going to be vulnerable on the break against teams with PL quality attackers - like Watford. It is part of the price you pay for playing the "high press".
    Nyambe needs to be told, sometimes, to concentrate on defence first, but - at the same time - you wouldn't want to curb his enthusiasm. Bell is probably not quite good enough, but that's exactly why Douglas has been brought in.
    Suddenly. you're condemning Ayala and Kaminski as well! A bit premature, don't you think?
    That was an absolutely cracking game of football, very poorly refereed. We have a lot of injuries, and we are bedding in several new players, but we made a multi-million pound team, just down from the PL, look pedestrian for much of the match.
    Simple facts. You watched a different game.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 22-10-2020 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Nonsense - Armstrong is not "crap"! He is frustrating and he doesn't quite have the instant decision-making ability of a top striker, but this is the Championship and he will get 10 or 12 goals.
    Meanwhile, exactly what kind of midfielders are you EXPECTING us to have?
    We can choose from Evans, Holtby, Johnson, Rothwell, Trybull, Travis, Rankin-Costello, Buckley, Davenport, Bennett, and - if we chuck the wingers in - Dolan, Elliott, Chapman.
    Holtby was superb on Wednesday. Evans and Johnson were steady - not awful.
    The fact is, we ARE going to be vulnerable on the break against teams with PL quality attackers - like Watford. It is part of the price you pay for playing the "high press".
    Nyambe needs to be told, sometimes, to concentrate on defence first, but - at the same time - you wouldn't want to curb his enthusiasm. Bell is probably not quite good enough, but that's exactly why Douglas has been brought in.
    Suddenly. you're condemning Ayala and Kaminski as well! A bit premature, don't you think?
    That was an absolutely cracking game of football, very poorly refereed. We have a lot of injuries, and we are bedding in several new players, but we made a multi-million pound team, just down from the PL, look pedestrian for much of the match.
    Simple facts. You watched a different game.

Things you said.
    Their keeper was outstanding.
    He let in a weak effort for our goal.
    WE had 19 shots on target.
    It could easily have ended 5 or 6 - 1 to them.
    We lost 3-1. You keep telling everyone including yourself it was a one off. But you forgot about BOURNEMOUTH only the other week where the exact same thing happened. Only that day you told everyone is was 3 world class goals. And bad luck. This was 3 crap goals, all unlucky.

Their man should have been sent off. then in the next breath you say it was properly reffereed.
    Armstrong was going away from goal. Never a sending off. He wouldn't have scored even if it was an open goal.

You clearly have watched football in your life, yet have zero understanding of the game. Good teams go and win having not played well.
    Crap teams with crap managers who are going nowhere go and play well twice and concede 6 goals in the mean time and get no points.

If they are going to be vulnerbale, why the **** would you play that system?
    Ayala has always been suspect. Thats why he played for Boro.
    I was possibly a tad unfair on Kaminski. Who did make a mistake. But other than that, has not really done much wrong.
    The problem, and we DO have even after 3 years, still have many, in the Champ is not the keeper. Or striker who goes from disinterested to inform. Or the pathetic chocolate tea-pot defence. Its the midfield. The system simply does not work.

If they carry on with it, they will be in a relegation fight.

This manager needs to go. A decent one, would get a tune out of a decent set of players, which we have.
    Your going to be applauding back to Division One.

You can't play Holbty is a 3. Simple as that. Why do you think we have now lost 3 football matches? We have lost more than won. That tells you ....or it should do, that something is wrong. Your in denial.
    We keep losing the game in midfield. Holbty can play in a 4. Or a 5. But of its a 3, it means we get overrun. As essentially, we play with 3. Who are normally up against 3.
    I am happy with who they have to play in midfield. A decent manager would find a suitable system to play them.
    An idiot would sanction a signing of a right footed centre half to go and play next to another right footed centre half. Thats plain and simple bad planning, and a nonsensical signing. He is old and injury prone anyway, so it probably doesn't matter.

If they go and lose tomorrow then as far as I'm concerned the season is over before its began. They are losing way too many games.
    Its not even the end of Oct. Its absolutely shocking.

I will step in here champs.
    We were unlucky last night,yes the defending was poor but we were by far the better team.
    I dont get the keeper was rubbish,yes he made a mistake but dont we all?
    Goalkeeper is one of them positions that mistakes are highlighted.
    I have to be honest in that I feel he has potential to be the best keeper since friedel at this club.
    Sweeper keepers will get caught out but on the whole he is a breath of fresh air and just what we need here,especially after the dross we have had of recent years.
    Gentle tinkers are needed
    Bell out for the new left back and Rankin Costello on the left for Evans.
    Nobody can deny that the left was a shambles and the right was great.
    Sort the problems out and we stand a chance against a average Coventry side.
    The question is will we address the problems or still go in with what we have?

1 - 2 (Nailed on ☝️)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)