Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
“Catherine Tate.....am I bovvered” ����������������

Classic Stripes.

To be honest it would have been hilarious if he’d been quick enough on his feet to have retorted in that way!

Like DaveP67 says......it’s about standards.

To label someone as “Thcum” ......sorry....”Scum” is a disgrace and normally reserved for murderers and child molesters.

There’s no place for that word inside our great Parliament.

She could’ve labelled him “uncaring/callous/“ etc and that’s what you’d expect in heated debate but not the word she used.

The other thing is this issue with free school dinners.

When I was a kid at school in the 60’s and 70’s the number of kids on free dinners was incredibly small and it was always quite obvious these kids came from incredibly poor and usually very uneducated families.

They were usually in very poor clothing, shoes falling apart and often they looked and smelt dirty, it was very sad to see and I can still picture those kids 50 plus years later.

The number we seem to be feeding free of charge now is huge and I think that if they were turning up at school looking like those kids did in my era child services would be called in.

For 99% of people it should be utterly shameful if you cannot feed your own children but I’m not sure that’s now the case.

In the 60’s my parents were not well off and there were days when mum and dad ate jam and bread so that me and my brother could have a proper meal.

I never once went hungry I’m glad to say.

I wonder if today’s “me,me,me” generation are as quick to put their kids bellies first as our parents and grandparents were?
Your political ramblings get evermore bizarre.

You saw kids on free dinners in the 60's and 70's. Yet its all today's generation don't put their kids bellies first? Or is it 'let our children go hungry, and then they'll see how hard we had it in the 60's'...?

Seems like you have a chip on your shoulder with the younger generation.

Can't possibly think which newspaper might have planted that seed in your head....

Here's a question for you, feel free to try and answer as seamlessly as possible. Our government have just wasted 12,000 million pounds on a T&T system that barely works. Given that excess, why should any child suffer hardship, poverty and hunger in our country today?