+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our Squad

Our Squad

Lots of talk about subs, and criticism for Bilic.

But, when you look outside of our first 11 and take out defenders. There isn't much left.

Phillips, Robinson, Edwards, Field, Harper, Austin, Sawyers, Kanu

I think of all of those, I'm not sure who could come on and improve us. Maybe Field if we were defending a lead. Maybe Robinson for Krov if chasing a goal.

I think its a bit unfair to blame Bilic for our subs when you look at what he has to work with. Phillips probably was our best option off the bench against Burnley.

Also, pray we don't have many injuries to our starting attack minded players, because there's not much to replace them with.

I would agree, people criticise the lack of a plan B but to be fair we only saw plan A last week as it’s only now we know what the squad looks like!

Agree, not many options.

Field's out for the next four or five weeks with a knee injury.

I am pleased Bilic has said Hegazi is going nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Lots of talk about subs, and criticism for Bilic.

But, when you look outside of our first 11 and take out defenders. There isn't much left.

Phillips, Robinson, Edwards, Field, Harper, Austin, Sawyers, Kanu

I think of all of those, I'm not sure who could come on and improve us. Maybe Field if we were defending a lead. Maybe Robinson for Krov if chasing a goal.

I think its a bit unfair to blame Bilic for our subs when you look at what he has to work with. Phillips probably was our best option off the bench against Burnley.

Also, pray we don't have many injuries to our starting attack minded players, because there's not much to replace them with.

Why sell Grosicki when he's far better than Phillips who has consistently been s hite after lock down! Now it looks as if Hegazi may be off and the defense looked solid ( for once ) against Burnley! Makes no sense!

Field is too light weight and not even proved himself in the Championship. Maybe questions need to be asked on who negotiated deals for Zohore on 50 grand a week and Austin on 70K!. No wonder Austin does not want to move! I bet Millwall are only paying a fraction of Zohore's wages too! Then we let Leko go for 1 million which was crazy if you compare him against Zohore or Austin and the wage he was probably on!

Just pray Grant does not get injured as the thought of the welsh international getting front stage again turns my stomach!

Austin was never going to go because nobody had the finances to pay for his pie bill.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Austin was never going to go because nobody had the finances to pay for his pie bill.

Why don’t Austin and all these rich footballers contribute to put food on the table for all these poverty stricken kids. Marcus might want to donate some of his fat weekly salary rather than taking money from the public purse which must already be empty! Austin could donate 10 pies a day which would not dent his 70K a week salary!!

Always apart from the odd few exceptions - those who are generous to charities are the have nots! The haves continue to be greedy t wats!

Seems possible we may get Grosicki back as the deal may have missed the deadline....

Quote Originally Posted by Q165 View Post
    I am pleased Bilic has said Hegazi is going nowhere
    Yeah, me too.......... oh.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)