+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ali Koiki signs for Bristol Rovers

Ali Koiki signs for Bristol Rovers

A fee has been agreed for his development costs, after he refused to sign a new Clarets contract. Pity as he would probably have got games in the lockdown.

Another one plops off the Gawthorpe production line and straight into the Black Hole.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Another one plops off the Gawthorpe production line and straight into the Black Hole.
    A bit unfair is that sinkov.

We keep on talking about the "fine lines".

I saw him down at Gawthorpe in the Development Squad and remember posting on here, "Give him a game?"

Dyche just does not seem to trust young players, McNeil being the obvious exception.

Was/is he any good ?

Dyche just does not seem to trust young players, McNeil being the obvious exception.

Last night I watched Real Madrid v's Shakhtar-donetsk 2-3

Shakhtar-donetsk had 1 player aged 19, 2 players aged 20, 4 players 21, and 1 at age 23 . ( That's 7 players aged 21 or under the age of 21) This was in the Champions League. ( Half time 0-3)

https://youtu.be/2whblN-qtxg

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Was/is he any good ?
    Exceptional left foot and loads of energy. I liked him.

Good luck to the lad, but he hasn't gone to another PL team, he hasn't even gone to a Championship team, he's gone to a D1 team, lower in the league than Accrington Stanley. I suppose it's better than Clitheroe, but is that really why we spent all that money on our Academy, to supply players for D1 teams ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Good luck to the lad, but he hasn't gone to another PL team, he hasn't even gone to a Championship team, he's gone to a D1 team, lower in the league than Accrington Stanley. I suppose it's better than Clitheroe, but is that really why we spent all that money on our Academy, to supply players for D1 teams ?
    You remind me a lot of my fourth wife sinkov. She used to go on and on about the same thing all the time.

We have argued about this for the last God knows how long. It's a quantum leap from the Development Squad to the EPL.

Time and patience is what is needed and the fourth wife had none, which is also sadly reminiscent of you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You remind me a lot of my fourth wife sinkov. She used to go on and on about the same thing all the time.

We have argued about this for the last God knows how long. It's a quantum leap from the Development Squad to the EPL.

Time and patience is what is needed and the fourth wife had none, which is also sadly reminiscent of you.
    Shocking personal attack BT, and totally unfounded accusations. I have immense patience regarding our academy players, as a Burnley fan I have to have the patience of a Saint, as Jay and Dwight are it's only successes in 12 years, and as young Ali is the latest to be sucked into the Black Hole, the wait for a third goes on. Meanwhile, at Clitheroe, David Lynch is ever on the alert, apart from David himself, we don't currently have any Black Holers, I'm sure that will be rectified soon.

Have a good day mon ami.

Thank you sinkov. I'll try my very best.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)