+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lascelles

Lascelles

i'm really struggling to see what he adds to the team.
    A couple of years ago, he was on track to become a very very good defender but i think he has started to believe his own hype and has become arrogant.

His latest interview claims that the side were angry in the dressing room after the Man Utd game.

To my amazement, Lascelles thinks we started well against Man Utd and we were beaten because "WE PUSHED TOO MUCH"

what the actual **** planet is he on??

we didnt start well, it was a lucky own goal and we defended for 88 minutes with nearly always 10 men behind the ball.

So where exactly did we push??

I wish he would feck off and get sold and take Bruce with him

He probably means that we decided to push one man ahead of the ball when we went 2-1 down with 5 minutes left.
    I can only describe that performance as cowardly. There was a strong chance of an upset but cabbage was too scared to have a go.
    It’s clear that unless we’re playing teams from divisions below us in the cup the idea is to be level or a goal down till the last 15 minutes and then try to nick a goal. It’s just sh*te to watch and I’m amazed anyone pays to watch it.

He hasn't kicked on as we all hoped he would. Plus, he talks quuuiiiite a bit of shite.

He's another who thinks that we'll believe anything that comes out of their mouths.

Pushed on too much, angry in the dressing room????

Aye, righto.

Never rated him just another yes man, he has 1 good game once in a while then nothing, all our other CBs are better players then him, Against Man u we knew bruce would change a winning team and bring him back in the starting line up ahead of the much better Schar. He seems to be undroppable just because he is captain and thats another thing what needs changing.

I rated him and I still do.

However, he hasn't pushed on like he should of and as others have said, he seems to believing his own hype.

I do however put alot of that down to coaching, I think under Rafa he'd off improved a lot more.

I wouldn't sell him though.

I don't care if he's our captain. Schar and Fernandes are better.

Safe to say Lascelles level has dropped. I'd rather see him on the bench.

He’s a bench warmer at best how he is captain is beyond me

He used to score sometimes (in the chimpo) - I can’t remember his last one in the Prem. He’s a ‘defensive’ centre back, like Fernandez, except the latter is much better. Lejeune and Schar are ball playing centre backs. Lascelles should be back up for Fernandez who should partner Lejeune or Schar as first choice.

I still can't get over Bruce getting shot of Lejeune to get him some game time????

Why can't he get game time h......ah, wait...it's because he doesn't fit in with Bruce's 'lump it forward' policy.

Exactly, Schar and Lejeune sidelined while Lascelles plays. I think Fernandez should be one of the first names on the team sheet just now but with him and Lascelles starting our central defence offers absolutely nothing in attack, even at set pieces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)