+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Valerian Ismael new head coach

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Predicting football is an impossible ask but I think we must give our owners some credit.They appointed Stendl to take us up,Struber to keep us up and Val to improve and consolidate us,all missions complete.In my humble opinion if club owners get stick for any short comings surely they deserve praise when things go right.
    They have got far more right than they’ve got wrong.
    They have totally changed the direction of the club through their recruitment strategy.
    They have forked out a few million to put this squad together - chicken feed to what other Championship clubs have spent but far more than what Patrick did.
    Building one layer of bricks at a time.
    IMO - they don’t deserve the stick that’s been handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    They have got far more right than they’ve got wrong.
    They have totally changed the direction of the club through their recruitment strategy.
    They have forked out a few million to put this squad together - chicken feed to what other Championship clubs have spent but far more than what Patrick did.
    Building one layer of bricks at a time.
    IMO - they don’t deserve the stick that’s been handed out.

Tha forgetting the huge slice of fortune we had last season Nudge. By selling the spine of our promotion team and bringing in 12 new signings in the summer of 2019, the owners got it badly wrong in my opinion and we scraped 21st place somehow.

The threat to take football away from oakwell leaves a bitter taste with me and many others.

The fact that they haven't fully paid for the club doesn't sit well either.

The owners haven't 'forked out a few million' to put this squad together. They have put the current squad together with the profits made from the sales of Pinnock, Moore, Lindsay, Brown, Cavare, Dougall, Potts etc. I credit them with some excellent signings, especially this season. However, they have not put any of their own brass into this venture and as I say, they have had a huge slice of fortune in surviving in the championship last season because relegation would've been disastrous.

Maybe the stick they get is because they haven't exactly earned the respect or trust of the Barnsley supporters for the reasons stated above.

Al call art both praise or criticism when I feel it's due. I'm not blinkered towards the owners by what's happened on the pitch this season and neither should you be. Tha can't just let the bad things wesh ova cos wiv finished 5th

I would imagine they might have had to boost the coffers due to Covid and none or little income.Sustainablity comes from buying, selling and reshuffling the squad.Selling the spine was a little more difficult to manage because both Pinnock and Lyndsey made it clear they wanted to move on for more money.As for money not paid its very much been kept in house.Its unfair to suggest the owners are at fault because no news has come out yet.One thing is for certain theres been no fallout whatsoever between both parties so I would imagine its a contactual issue which will be resolved.

I would imagine they might have had to boost the coffers due to Covid and none or little income.Sustainablity comes from buying, selling and reshuffling the squad.Selling the spine was a little more difficult to manage because both Pinnock and Lyndsey made it clear they wanted to move on for more money.As for money not paid its very much been kept in house.Its unfair to suggest the owners are at fault because no news has come out yet.One thing is for certain theres been no fallout whatsoever between both parties so I would imagine its a contactual issue which will be resolved.
    I was amazed at the budget this season Bill to be honest .

Helik , Brittain , Herbie Kane plus Morris and Kitching arriving in January with only Jacob Brown leaving plus the financial effects of the pandemic .

You can't deny that they've backed the two HC's this season both in the market and player retention .

However I still don't trust them by any means , the way they operated at OGC Nice and the stadium business here leave much to be desired .

I'll acknowledge the good stuff no problem but as I say they've plenty to do to convince me they will have my full support .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I was amazed at the budget this season Bill to be honest .

Helik , Brittain , Herbie Kane plus Morris and Kitching arriving in January with only Jacob Brown leaving plus the financial effects of the pandemic .

You can't deny that they've backed the two HC's this season both in the market and player retention .

However I still don't trust them by any means , the way they operated at OGC Nice and the stadium business here leave much to be desired .

I'll acknowledge the good stuff no problem but as I say they've plenty to do to convince me they will have my full support .
    Thats fair comment.Regarding Nice and I might be a little naive here but surely the model was improved that they bought for I believe 30m and somebody was prepared to pay 90m for it.
    I don't think profit is a bad word because the alternative is loss and loss in any industry is linked with failure.
    Anyway we've bigger fish to fry starting next Monday.I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Mr Ballot is kind to me and my family.

Thats fair comment.Regarding Nice and I might be a little naive here but surely the model was improved that they bought for I believe 30m and somebody was prepared to pay 90m for it.
    I don't think profit is a bad word because the alternative is loss and loss in any industry is linked with failure.
    Anyway we've bigger fish to fry starting next Monday.I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Mr Ballot is kind to me and my family.
    It wasn't the profit they made on the club Bill that bothered me it was the loan they placed on the club @ well above market interest rates .

That's something that should concern us too with our budget quite surprising this season in the middle of a financially impacting pandemic .

I'm speculating of course because there is no way of assessing our detailed accounts as they are unavailable to view when placed in Hong Kong .

They are unwilling to disclose them to the Belgium FA with the regard to their ownership of Oostende and are running the risk of not attaining a credibility rating as competent and trustworthy owners .

They aren't breaking any rules but the Belgium FA are trying to bring some low key regulation in to their clubs and traceable accounting forms part of that .

It just adds to my suspicions Bill .

I know that there's no obligation in Belgium to disclose accounts but it would make sense to make it law and for all clubs to be transparent.As for Nice and I'm not doubting your investigations but all I could find out were rumours on fans forums and we know from uk forums if the team aren't doing well all kinds of accusations come out.
    As my old dad used to say "it'll all come out in wesh"
    Back to the ballot good luck to all of you who's entered.

I know that there's no obligation in Belgium to disclose accounts but it would make sense to make it law and for all clubs to be transparent.As for Nice and I'm not doubting your investigations but all I could find out were rumours on fans forums and we know from uk forums if the team aren't doing well all kinds of accusations come out.
    As my old dad used to say "it'll all come out in wesh"
    Back to the ballot good luck to all of you who's entered.
    Full details here Bill

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.co...ber-2018-loan/

Interesting read but in fairness I'm none the wiser.There seems to be quite a lot of he said she said going off similar to reports you sometimes get in the Sun.
    My business acumen is almost zero but if a company takes out a loan ultimately if things go wrong the debt ends up with the owners,like I say I'm not too sure.
    In the past P.C loaned BFC money which I'm sure BFC paid him back.
    In the past John Dennis borrowed money from the bank which because he wasn't the owner fell on the clubs shoulders if things went wrong.I understand our owners took a loan which was put into a "pot"if needed for transfers,because the money wasn't needed the owners paid the loan back.
    Basically the points Ive made are possibly irrelevant but shows different scenarios when it comes to club finance.Like I said earlier my business knowledge is very limited.

Interesting read but in fairness I'm none the wiser.There seems to be quite a lot of he said she said going off similar to reports you sometimes get in the Sun.
    My business acumen is almost zero but if a company takes out a loan ultimately if things go wrong the debt ends up with the owners,like I say I'm not too sure.
    In the past P.C loaned BFC money which I'm sure BFC paid him back.
    In the past John Dennis borrowed money from the bank which because he wasn't the owner fell on the clubs shoulders if things went wrong.I understand our owners took a loan which was put into a "pot"if needed for transfers,because the money wasn't needed the owners paid the loan back.
    Basically the points Ive made are possibly irrelevant but shows different scenarios when it comes to club finance.Like I said earlier my business knowledge is very limited.
    Thas doing better than me Bill.... I'm not very bright but I lift heavy weights

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast