+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Valerian Ismael new head coach

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    The club didnt ask for the pandemic. Nor did the club hold a gun to anyone's head to renew.. top and bottom of it is thease American owners have done us the world of good.... but some people will find arguments no matter what.... borderline racism in my opinion
    You accusing me of racism?
    Show me in my post where I actually mentioned any nationalities or Religeon?

I don’t care who owns the club, where they are from. If they do things right, by the rules, and have a two way street with fans then they could be black Lesbian Eskimo trans for me.
    Last edited by Jules88; 16-05-2021 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    No disrespect Animal but the constant berating of the board is getting a bit tiresome in my opinion.In the last 12 months I've read tales of administration,taking the money and running,selling our best players and pocketing the money,not investing in the transfer window etc etc.None of these things happened. We've had a great season and I'm really looking forward to going to Oakwell tomorrow and seeing where our season ultimately ends.I appreciate others have different views but it would be nice if we could all enjoy the journey.
    I've enjoyed the journey Bill but if I see something in my opinion that isn't right then I will speak out irrespective of the teams results on the field .

I don't understand the view that because we've won quite a lot of football games it means I should accept things that I think are wrong .

There's a wind of change running through football right now with supporters sick to death of being treated as consumers and very little respect .

It's to be hoped our owners find themselves on the right side of the current climate .

They may not exactly be Joel Glazer , Stan Kronke or JJ Henry but they are cut from the same cloth in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    You accusing me of racism?
    I've reported it jules to admin .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I've enjoyed the journey Bill but if I see something in my opinion that isn't right then I will speak out irrespective of the teams results on the field .

I don't understand the view that because we've won quite a lot of football games it means I should accept things that I think are wrong .

There's a wind of change running through football right now with supporters sick to death of being treated as consumers and very little respect .

It's to be hoped our owners find themselves on the right side of the current climate .

They may not exactly be Joel Glazer , Stan Kronke or JJ Henry but they are cut from the same cloth in my opinion .
    The problem is Animal, and I was a retail worker for 36 years, Is that in Retail, and football firms no longer think about the “Lifetime value of a customer” be it Amazon or other large companies.

Fans are Customers, and consumers. but the top Clubs now know they can manage without the folk in the ground, as long as the cash falls in from the TV companies, and that’s not right.

And that’s all top clubs, English, American, or Russian

I've reported it jules to admin .
    and so have i

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyDaft View Post
    and so have i
    Knock yourself out kid , although I'd have read up on what is actually classed as racism before I made a complete idiot of myself but you suit yourself .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    The problem is Animal, and I was a retail worker for 36 years, Is that in Retail, and football firms no longer think about the “Lifetime value of a customer” be it Amazon or other large companies.

Fans are Customers, and consumers. but the top Clubs now know they can manage without the folk in the ground, as long as the cash falls in from the TV companies, and that’s not right.

And that’s all top clubs, English, American, or Russian
    Agreed Jules but none the less fans have been missed inside stadiums which is why I enjoyed the cup final yesterday so much despite the fact it wasn't that great a game .

There's definitely a wind of change running through football and the ESL was the catalyst .

I don't believe for one minute some of these owners will sell up but I do see regulation coming and they will be getting their wings chopped off .

About time too , it's been a long time coming .

Where does it stop then.Pay for the people who've got tickets,what about those who haven't got tickets.Do we pay for everybodys season ticket.?Maybe we should charge £600 + for season tickets like Sheffield Wednesday instead of £150/200.We've possibly got the cheapest season tickets in English football including most Nationwide league.
    I wasnt asking for them to pay for season tickets for anyone Bill, but a gesture back after such magnificent support from the season ticket holders over the last two seasons wouldn’t have hurt.
    They done great as owners, and so have the team during the Pandemic, most clubs have survived, can’t name one that has closed due to the Pandemic yet ....... but football is nothing without the fans ...
    So keep them for a lifetime. And work as a team with them.

They are Billionaires, we aren’t.
    Last edited by Jules88; 16-05-2021 at 05:09 PM.

The thing is Animal you were the one making accusations of the board re admin.,selling,not buying and pocketing the money etc.I've never moved my stance on the owners because they were accused of things that wasn't true I decided to back there corner and I still do.If you check most of my posts they were when the team were losing,I'm not so shallow to turn turtle on the basis of results I've been watching the club far too long for that.
    It appears at the moment the current go at the club is for not allowing free admission tomorrow.We haven't,Bournmouth,haven't and Brentford happen.Like I said earlier well done Swansea.
    Anyway time to dodge a few showers and have a couple (or 3) pints.Or I might use my old dads ploy of "i'm just nipping to club for a hour"knowing full well it was always at least a gallon and face the consequences later.

The thing is Animal you were the one making accusations of the board re admin.,selling,not buying and pocketing the money etc.I've never moved my stance on the owners because they were accused of things that wasn't true I decided to back there corner and I still do.If you check most of my posts they were when the team were losing,I'm not so shallow to turn turtle on the basis of results I've been watching the club far too long for that.
    It appears at the moment the current go at the club is for not allowing free admission tomorrow.We haven't,Bournmouth,haven't and Brentford happen.Like I said earlier well done Swansea.
    Anyway time to dodge a few showers and have a couple (or 3) pints.Or I might use my old dads ploy of "i'm just nipping to club for a hour"knowing full well it was always at least a gallon and face the consequences later.
    It wouldn't be free admission Bill in my opinion , the facts are that fans have paid money to sit inside Oakwell and watch championship football and they haven't had that opportunity .

Tomorrow night is for some their first opportunity in 15 months and the club charge them £25 .

Surely you'd accept that's not right and a poor decision given the financial backing they've given the club this season .

Let's not forget the club will be getting a good cheque from Sky tv for tomorrow nights game .

Patrick Cryne was many things but he put free coaches on for supporters on at least two occasions , the last one at Wigan when we took over 4k when we had to win to get in the play offs would have cost him an enormous amount of money .

Fans wouldn't have been charged tomorrow night under his ownership in my opinion .

Absolutely not .

There was an opportunity to present some good will from the ownership and thank the fans for the financial backing they've received .

Unfortunately they decided not to .

Pyss poor in my opinion .

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast