+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Valerian Ismael new head coach

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I don't rate Murray either but I really wish we weren't going down this foreign route again.
    Are any of the British managers who are available right now such a bad option. Paul Cook, Graham Alexander, Darren Moore, & Danny Cowley (ok maybe not him lol) ?.
    Do any of those laik the high press system though?

In Spuds podcast he intimated that any prospective head coach that we appoint has to have an affinity and history with the high press system. The purpose of that is to ensure continuity with the playing squad already here. Although it narrows down our options I actually think that makes sense because turnover of managers in the Championship is on average 1 per season per club. The owners philosophy means that it's unlikely to be a British based coach coming in. It is what it is mate.

I don't rate Murray either but I really wish we weren't going down this foreign route again.
    Are any of the British managers who are available right now such a bad option. Paul Cook, Graham Alexander, Darren Moore, & Danny Cowley (ok maybe not him lol) ?.
    Pearson for me...... but agree with Animal.... deffo not Murray. We were setting up nicely with attacks down both wings, with Odour and Brittain driving forward. Then it fell apart with the substitution. Attacking wise, much more freedom, but made a change for the sake of it for me.
    Agree with pass that we should wait at least till his official appointment before Mullering Ismael....... but that’s not how it’s done.

Hopefully Ismael can be the isthmus between the board and fans 😂

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I agree with your opinion regarding the other options that are available to our owners. But you have to factor in the thoughts of the individuals you have mentioned. For example why would Darren Moore come to Barnsley?
    Well he's out of work and he's played for us as well. And if these owners could sell the prospect of coming here to him, wouldn't he be tempted ?.
    It's clear they are forcing this pressing thing again and of course they want a so called yes man again. So why should we care as they don't know or even seem to care what we all think. (allegedly!)

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Hopefully Ismael can be the isthmus between the board and fans ��
    That’s for SB btw!!

Murray is to remain at the club no matter what - so why not add to his knowledge at the club by bringing in another manager with experience?
    And why not give the new manager time before judging?
    IMO the last two managers brought a lot to the club - fingers crossed the new one will too.

Well he's out of work and he's played for us as well. And if these owners could sell the prospect of coming here to him, wouldn't he be tempted ?.
    It's clear they are forcing this pressing thing again and of course they want a so called yes man again. So why should we care as they don't know or even seem to care what we all think. (allegedly!)
    Correct me if Im out of date but I thought he was at Doncaster and doing pretty well. That was my reason for questioning why he would jump on our perpetual roundabout of managerial changes.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Correct me if Im out of date but I thought he was at Doncaster and doing pretty well. That was my reason for questioning why he would jump on our perpetual roundabout of managerial changes.
    Well he's as good as out of work, if the money is right lol.
    I know what your saying Ethel and to be honest his name has been suggested hasn't it, whether he's currently at another team or not.

A dunt know much abart the bloke , he wunt ev been my choice , and looking at the manager's odds on another post , he wasn't even mentioned , most thought it would be an unknown Foreign Coach anyway , if it his him ? Then good luck to the Fella , il need it !

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Hopefully Ismael can be the isthmus between the board and fans ��
    If Conway (arseoyle) appointed Macca and said to him you decide on recruitment, paid what they have welched on in buying the club, provided free school meals this heyf term and ovva Christmas to those in the Barnsley area and then sold up and left, I would stand with them.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast