+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Valerian Ismael new head coach

I didn't say it was their fault and that they fell out with our fans either, did I ?.
    Although I think the mood was going downhill a bit for Struber's last few games, especially that last one at Middlesbrough!.
    I hate the way these owners are doing things, and just when theres a sign of promise and positivity, they slam the door shut on us again.
    I hope the new bloke does well though and I'll support him now hes here. But whether he does well or not I reckon we'll be in the same position again sometime next season!.
    Last edited by Acido; 23-10-2020 at 10:18 PM.

From tonight, all the fans behind him shall be known as Desmonds

Oooooooooh. Oooooohhhhh...... The Ishmael-ites ......

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Exactly Perky, and whether we think it's a disappointing choice or not, he's hired now so we've got to support him and hope he does well.

Esr, it's because we've already hired messrs Stendel & Struber why I'm not happy with this appointment. Between them they were hardly here for 2 years, and yet here we go again with a foreigner with no managerial experience of this level. Yes he did play here with C.Palace back in our Prem days I think, but that doesn't prove anything.
    Appreciate your opinion Acido. It’s the foreign bit I don’t get, do you think that’s anything at all to do with why they left. They didn’t leave because they wanted to go back to their homeland. Where they came from was nothing to do with it. To be honest 1-2 years is about the average time in the job nowadays.

Watford fired ump**** coaches yet sustained Premiership football for 6 successive years and reached an FA cup final. Let's be real here, head coaches and the word longevity just dont go hand in hand anymore at the vast majority of football clubs.

The model that this club operates itself on means that players and head coaches pass through here pretty quickly. The days of a manager coming in and slowly introducing his ideas, his methods and trying to build something are long gone darn at Oakwell. Average tenure for a Championship manager/coach is 11 months. Our club contributes towards the upkeep of that statistic.

Personally I feel pretty numb about the situation surrounding this football club. Getting excited or upset over an appointment is pretty pointless in my eyes. Here today, gone tomorrow. They pass through as quick as a dodgy curry. If they relegate us they're fired, if they keep us up or promote us from league one they're not adequately backed in the transfer market and either leave or are fired.

Thaz got a great footballing man in Mick McCarthy sat theear twiddling his thumbs doing commentary for Sky. Unfortunately thy a dinosaur in todays footballing world Mick. It dunt matter that thaz spent thi life in and around football, 40 odd years experience at home and abroad, seen it, done it.

Excellent record in management wi clubs that didn't exactly have large budgets but ni mind abart that. There's nowt ad love mooar than to have him darn here building a solid championship team and working his magic. There's not a cat in hells chance of him ever working under these constraints and not a cat in hells chance of hoss ever employing someone of his ilk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val%C3%A9rien_Isma%C3%ABl

Here you go Nudger “Shocking” now you show proof of what you have read that shows a positive spin on his appointment?

Led LASK into the Europa League knockout stages
    - Worked with the Hannover 96 and VfL Wolfsburg youth teams
    - Previously played in the Premier league

He might be rubbish he might be decent. Apart from a handful of coaches like Walnock you are nowhere near guaranteed anything with any appointment. All about how certain coaches gel at certain clubs and dropping on a good group of players .... usually by luck

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Watford fired ump**** coaches yet sustained Premiership football for 6 successive years and reached an FA cup final. Let's be real here, head coaches and the word longevity just dont go hand in hand anymore at the vast majority of football clubs.

The model that this club operates itself on means that players and head coaches pass through here pretty quickly. The days of a manager coming in and slowly introducing his ideas, his methods and trying to build something are long gone darn at Oakwell. Average tenure for a Championship manager/coach is 11 months. Our club contributes towards the upkeep of that statistic.

Personally I feel pretty numb about the situation surrounding this football club. Getting excited or upset over an appointment is pretty pointless in my eyes. Here today, gone tomorrow. They pass through as quick as a dodgy curry. If they relegate us they're fired, if they keep us up or promote us from league one they're not adequately backed in the transfer market and either leave or are fired.

Thaz got a great footballing man in Mick McCarthy sat theear twiddling his thumbs doing commentary for Sky. Unfortunately thy a dinosaur in todays footballing world Mick. It dunt matter that thaz spent thi life in and around football, 40 odd years experience at home and abroad, seen it, done it.

Excellent record in management wi clubs that didn't exactly have large budgets but ni mind abart that. There's nowt ad love mooar than to have him darn here building a solid championship team and working his magic. There's not a cat in hells chance of him ever working under these constraints and not a cat in hells chance of hoss ever employing someone of his ilk.
    All about money Pass simple as that mate , this model wasn't rolled out to be successful on the pitch it was rolled out under Cryne to prevent him having to keep funding the club through loans he guaranteed .

All the owners have done is stick with the plan , when Potts went to Preston in that January window in the league one promotion season tha knew there and then nowt was going to change .

Absolutely no way would Macca have had that or losing the spine of his team the following summer .

If Val is here this time next year al eyt a plate of raw, chewy tripe.

Conway (arseoyle) will predictably try to avoid paying the compo Val will be entitled to after his sacking by claiming they have just "separated".

You heard abart his sacking here first.

The championship lg is not the lg to start your senior HC career I hope he proves me wrong miracles might happen 😂

Don’t think that miracles come into to it to be honest.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast